Two phones on the same softphone?

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
Disco Makberto
Just Passing Thru
Computer OS: Windows XP

Two phones on the same softphone?

Post by Disco Makberto »

Hi, e-readers!

I am considering registering for FreePhoneLine to use it as an incoming call terminal via voicemails only. My question is, is it possible to configure the service so as to have two different phone numbers on the same softphone? Some software softphones like 3CXPhone allows for up to 3 lines (they call it multi-line capabilities). How do I go about this with FreePhoneLine?

Thank you,

Carlos Albert
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Two phones on the same softphone?

Post by FONGO_kris »

There is only one-line capabilities at this time with the software phone, sorry.

We are hoping to finish a two line software phone soon.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
Disco Makberto
Just Passing Thru

Post by Disco Makberto »

Hello, Kris!

Thank you for your reply.

What about if I download two softphones on different parts of my computer, and then I register each software with different numbers? Can I then receive voicemail on one softphone or the other? I understand there is one line capability, but this refers to one softphone, I suppose. Please let me know.

CAL
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

This is true, yes. You could also use a software PBX like sipsorcery as a medium but since you want to use our software phone because it is obviously free there is little you can do to run two line.
Kris
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disco Makberto
Just Passing Thru

Post by Disco Makberto »

Hi again, Kris!

Sipsorcery appears to be a good solution, so thank you for letting me know about it. In spite of it, Sipsorcery is on a transition period right now as they are restructuring from Mysipswitch. Thus, I prefer to wait to see if everything works as intended on the new Sipsorcery. Also, I am not sure about the price for the new Sipsorcery.

In the meantime, Kris, please let me ask you. I understand that your sotphone only works with one line and cannot accept any other line concurrently. However, what about if I register and use one line independently of the other but using only one sotphone? Let say that I have one softphone only, then I log in to check voicemails for one line, then I log out, can I then log in again using the information for the second line, check voicemails, and log out again? The idea is to use only one softphone and only one line at any given time and never use two lines concurrently. Do you think this will work?

Carlos Albert
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Of course, sorry I misunderstood you at first. The softphone is a generic piece of software and is really only "yours" when you log into it using the email and password you picked upon sign up.

The answer is yes, you may log in and out of the softphone as many times as you would like and with as many accounts as you would like.
Kris
Disco Makberto
Just Passing Thru

Post by Disco Makberto »

Perfect. Many thanks, Kris.

Carlos Albert