porting service

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
coccus
One Hit Wonder

porting service

Post by coccus »

I know I can port my current phone number to your company, but if later on I decide to port out that number to other phone company, is it possible? What is the procedure?
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Porting in, then porting out

Post by TheHardy »

coccus wrote:I know I can port my current phone number to your company, but if later on I decide to port out that number to other phone company, is it possible? What is the procedure?
Yes -- if your number was INITIALLY portable (which you say it is), you can AGAIN port out that same number (from a different provider) at a later date. The procedure will be dictated by the NEW PROVIDER that you are going to, as they are the ones that require you to fill out and comply with THEIR "port-in" procedures ... note that there are really no PORT-OUT procedures to follow as it is all initiated by the NEW carrier.

One caveat to remember -- there is NO MONTHLY BILL to submit a copy of to the NEW provider -- so you will have to find out from them if there is a different verification procedure to follow.

Of note on this topic, for PRIMARY Fongo #'s (ie: a Fibernetics assigned #, that is issued by Fongo), there are some carriers that REFUSE to port-IN those numbers. This is not the case for you, as your number would be from a different carrier in the first place.

Specifically, so far, WINDmobile refuses to port-IN FPL/DV numbers for whatever internal reason they have.

*** EDIT *** And it should be noted, that WINDmobile is in VIOLATION of Canadian CRTC Telcom Laws for doing so ... and I wish that someone would hold them accountable for this... :ugeek:
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126