Optimum registration refresh time

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
CSCO
Active Poster

Optimum registration refresh time

Post by CSCO »

For last couple of weeks, my registration has been failing few times a day. Device I use came with very short refresh time from factory and I changed it to 300/600 seconds now. What is everyone's opinion on optimum refresh time, assuming there are no NAT or other issues affecting your device?

With Linksys ATA, I had it for up to 1800 seconds (30 minutes) and link was stable. My modem's IP rarely changes so that's not a big concern. I just want the incoming calls to ring reliably.
Bloodsong
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Zoiper| Grandstream GXP2000
ISP Name: Tek Savvy Internet (DSL)
Computer OS: CentOS, Arch, Widows 7, AIX, AS/400
Router: Cisco ASA 5520
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy Ace Q
Android Version: 2.3.6

Re: Optimum registration refresh time

Post by Bloodsong »

I usually keep it around 10m (600seconds) if I ever have an issue with it, otherwise the default 1hr (3600) is usually fine.

Although I do wonder sometimes if upping the registration interval might help with the MWI, but I don't feel like over-taxing the FPL servers either... and if it did work, and I reported it here, everyone would set their intervals to some ridiculously short time-frame.
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Re: Optimum registration refresh time

Post by TheHardy »

I think that the MWI issues will have to be resolved at the Fongo level by them fixing the way that the system sets the MWI flag rather than polling the entire enchilada constantly!

Housekeeping --- clean up on Aisle 16! ;)
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126