How do you consider accounts to be active/inactive?

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
gamehead200
Just Passing Thru

How do you consider accounts to be active/inactive?

Post by gamehead200 »

I noticed that one user's account has already been deleted due to inactivity and I'm just wondering how you guys consider accounts to be active/inactive and after how long you purge them.

I basically signed up to take advantage of the FollowMe feature, so I'm worried that if I don't log in to the SIP client for an extended period of time, my account might eventually get purged.

Thanks.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: How do you consider accounts to be active/inactive?

Post by FONGO_kris »

Well, accounts which are NON-Certified are deleted after 3 months of inactivity. Certified accounts are there forever until YOU delete them; In order for an account to stick in our account (AKA: Not get deleted unless by us or you) is to call and certify it.

Certification
This is NOT purchasing a configuration file, this is a free process which includes calling in and verifying your address informatin with us. Since we enable 911 service on your phone, by the CRTC: HERE, VoIP service providers who provide fixed service to provide the same level of 9-1-1 emergency service that is provided by the incumbent telephone companies to their existing customers.

9-1-1 as a Service
You may be wondering why we don't provide E-911 service (Passing all your info along directly to the PSAP's etc..). This is because PSAP's are usually privatly owned and therefore are not regulated via the government; Therefore most of them don't support/like VoIP and are still running off systems which do not read what we or most other VoIP providers pass along to them. We route 911 calls to Northern 9-1-1 who CAN see your personal information then after you specify Fire, Police, Ambulance they route you to the PSAP and tell them what you need. I test this regularly and it does not take as long as you would think, around 6 seconds after pickup.

9-1-1 T.O.S.
You need to log into your freephoneline software phone, accepting the 9-1-1 Terms of Service. THEN you may call in and verifying all your 9-1-1 info, therefore ensuring your account will stay put.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: Once you agree to the ToS on the software phone you are automatically put in a queue of an outbound agent to call you back.

Keep in mind those of you reading this, certifying your account does NOT mean your number will show up in White Pages or anything like that. The only reason this would happen is if you ported in your existing, listed number.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
gamehead200
Just Passing Thru

Post by gamehead200 »

Good to know. Thanks! :D
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

I've made some edits to this so please review the section labelled: 9-1-1 ToS for my changes.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2