disable voicemail and reliability of free numbers?

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
Jerry
Just Passing Thru

disable voicemail and reliability of free numbers?

Post by Jerry »

Hello,

I was hoping someone could answer two questions about fpl for me as I couldn't seem to find the answer on the site.

1. Can I completely disable the voicemail so that it can just ring through to my followme number and use that voicemail instead?
2. If I'm using the free service what do I have to do to keep my number active? I've seen some people mention that they lost their number due to inactivity but what qualifies as inactive? If I'm just using the followme service but never placing calls with the number given would I loose the number?
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Re: disable voicemail and reliability of free numbers?

Post by TheHardy »

Jerry wrote:Hello,

I was hoping someone could answer two questions about fpl for me as I couldn't seem to find the answer on the site.

1. Can I completely disable the voicemail so that it can just ring through to my followme number and use that voicemail instead?
2. If I'm using the free service what do I have to do to keep my number active? I've seen some people mention that they lost their number due to inactivity but what qualifies as inactive? If I'm just using the followme service but never placing calls with the number given would I loose the number?
No, you cannot disable vmail -- call termination (to vmail or elseways) is one of the revenue streams for Fongo.

Activity is any call activity, placing or receiving calls, or forwarding (via followme). Timeout is 90 days, and there is supposed to be a warning email sent at the 60 day threshhold. So all you really need to do is make or receive a call via your Fongo # every 89 days (I use 59 to be safe) days to keep the number active! :-)
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126