free numbers retention and disable call forwarding?

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
Jerry
Just Passing Thru

free numbers retention and disable call forwarding?

Post by Jerry »

Is it possible to disable call forwarded on a free number from fpl? I'd really perfer to not use it at all.

Also when using a fpl number what do I have to do to make sure I don't loose it? If I just use it to forward calls to a different number will I loose it from lack of use even if it's forwardining calls every day?
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Re: free numbers retention and disable call forwarding?

Post by TheHardy »

Jerry wrote:Is it possible to disable call forwarded on a free number from fpl? I'd really perfer to not use it at all.

Also when using a fpl number what do I have to do to make sure I don't loose it? If I just use it to forward calls to a different number will I loose it from lack of use even if it's forwardining calls every day?

The "Follow-Me" (call-fwd) is entirely optional, and is controlled via the user settings menu, accessed from the web console for account management. Log into your account on the internet, and click SETTINGS .. then Follow-Me .. then Follow-Me #'s .... scroll down, select number, select Delete.

You need to sustain "Call Activity" on your account every 90 days for it to remain active. Call Activity has been defined as Placing and Receiving calls via the softphone interface, Follow-Me activity (forwarding) and even someone calling in and leaving a voicemail on your account. So long as there is "Call Activity" on your account at least once per 90 day period, it will remain active. There was a thread to this in which we confirmed all these with Fongo employees.

To be safe, I would make sure that you use your account at least every 60 days. The Fongo system is supposed to send you a warning email at 60 days to warn you that your account may be deleted if not used within the next 30 days, but there have been instances where this has not occurred in the past and lead to account deletion.
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126