D-Link DPH-541 wifi phone

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
thebakeman
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys pap2t-na
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: 3web cable
Computer OS: Win 7 Pro

D-Link DPH-541 wifi phone

Post by thebakeman »

Hey all,
I bought a D-Link wifi sip phone and can't seem to get it to register my Freephoneline account using my config file information. Anyone else have one and have you had any success setting it up?
repherb
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Cisco 7940
Firmware Version: 8.12.00
ISP Name: Rogers Communications
Computer OS: winXP
Router: WRT54GS
Smartphone Model: unlocked Bberry 9300

Re: D-Link DPH-541 wifi phone

Post by repherb »

Hi!

Yup, i just got one of these for Christmas from my wife. There are some things you should know about this unit:

Setup is difficult. It is VERY picky about SPI and NAT. If possible, save yourself some headache and turn off SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection). Setup a fixed IP to the phone and set it up in the DMZ of your router. this way all ports will be available to the unit itself with no worries about your network.

Random Freezing. Yup, this phone runs on linux, but DLINK didn't bother to fully test the unit, and guess what? We got the bugs! It will freeze up on its' own or when you try to change SIP provider profiles. Gotta pull the battery on this one to reset it, i'm afraid to tell ya!

NON-TFT screen. Yes, it is a sluggish screen and is VERY slow on the refresh. Ringtones and custom pictures CAN be added, only if (and i mean IF!) you can code and build your own firmware for the unit from the GPL (which dlink refuses to provide, with no explanation to boot!) so better get used to a slow screen refresh

I'm attempting to convince DLINK to give me the GPL of the unit's firmware so i can hopefully add telnet access and other tricks to this unit.

Oh, i just realized that you should change the Packet Time to 20ms and the register timer to 120 or 180 seconds (2-3 mins) for better performance!

I'll keep you posted!!

Setup with FPL is simple, here's the screenshot:
nick
Quiet One

Post by nick »

This one is not cheap. Around $100 on eBay.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

You're right, it's not. But from what I've seen it's quite good.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2