Audio Cus In and Out

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
jcat12
Just Passing Thru
ISP Name: Kwic

Audio Cus In and Out

Post by jcat12 »

Here is the problem when making calls that are local to my freephoneline number it seems to work well. But when making calls that aren't local to my # the person on the (mostly out). The person on the other end can here me with no problems.

I have disabled firewall and all securtiy yet the problem still there. Any ideas?
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Audio Cus In and Out

Post by FONGO_kris »

If it is incoming (on ATA) I would make sure you've forwarded ports 5060 - 6061 to the IP of your ATA (from your router). Or what I would highly recommend, putting it in the DMZ of your router to eliminate virtually any Tx conflicts on the incoming and outgoing.

What hardware are you using to talk through?

If it's an ATA the above suggestions will work, if it's a softphone and you try to put it in the DMZ, you'll be trying for a while :lol: For a software issue try first: Isolating the problem (ie. outgoing, incoming - garbled or choppy voice - quiet voice - no voice at all) then post it here and I'll see what magic I can work ;)

Garbled voice: Who is your ISP, what is your speed, rural or suburb, Cable or DSL (3G or GSM too... :shock:). Push up or pull down the Jitter Buffer Level on your device based on your speed and type of your connection - High speed = low buffer, low speed = higher level.

Incoming / Outgoing Audio: Port forwarding or DMZ, connections (make sure everything is plugged in), turn the Input / Output Gain on your device up or down depending on the situation.

Most (and I say "most" carefully) other issues can be extrapolated from these scenarios to some degree.

Also keep in mind also there are 400+ users who post here, quite a few of which have many years of experience in the VoIP, Telco & Internet field that would be more than happy (I hope!) to help, as well as some who've made it their hobby to understand the inner workings of ITSP's!
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
jcat12
Just Passing Thru

Post by jcat12 »

I decided to try it on my XP computer and that took care of most issues I was having. Only problem now is people are having a hard time hearing me. Mic volume is max on pc and headset, thinking it may be a driver issue as I didn't have this problem on my other PC.

The pc I was having problems with is runnning windows 7. Has anyone else experienced the audio problems running windows 7?

PS. Currently only using the softphone.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Seeing as I just bought an HP DV6 1330CA I'll give it a try and see what I come up with, there should be no compatibility issues though since I believe Steve has been using in on his Win 7 machine for a while.
Kris
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jcat12
Just Passing Thru

Post by jcat12 »

Thanks Admin looking forward to your reply.
nick
Quiet One

Post by nick »

It seems that softphone is not as stable as ATA. I changed to a ATA finally. Much better quality than the software version.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

Well, of course. The software will almost never compare to a hard phone, though some may come close and some may even far surpass (ie. IPPBX) there is really no match for a good ol' fashioned analog phone adapter.

Also, the software phone is being developed every day, trying to find new and better ways to serve our customers- So if you have any relevant input that would put a smile on your face to see in the future as part of our software, or a general fix you can think of to a bug you may encounter; don't be afraid to post in Suggestion Box or Bug Reports as many times as you'd like!

I can tell you now that we are improving our GUI to have a more functional layout as well as some trays etc, so you don't need to access everything through the Menu button!
Kris