Asterisk Trunk Monitor

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!
Jake
Technical Support

Asterisk Trunk Monitor

Post by Jake »

With all the ups and downs of the trunk registrations lately I initially set out to write a script to monitor the trunks. Long story short, I ended up finding one written by someone else that works very well (or at least it seems to). I think this will work with any front end with Asterisk, as well as a standalone Asterisk. I currently have it running on an Elastix install.

I can't claim to have anything to do with this script, and please only use it at your own risk. I am a PHP coder and I can't see anything wrong in it ( IE no calling out to a mother ship or setting up a Torrent server :D ).

The code is here https://raw.github.com/lgaetz/freepbx-t ... _trunk.php and it has pretty good instructions in it. It's all fairly simple, especially if you can get Asterisk running in the first place. What I like about it is in the script there is a bit where it will try and reload the trunks if it finds one down.

Anyway, hope this helps someone, it has eased my guess work if my FPL lines are up or not.
tbrummell
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: PIAF/Mitel/PolyCom/Cisco
Firmware Version: Asterisk 1.8
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: CentOS/Windows2008/Win7/Android
Router: pfSense/Neoware thin client

Re: Asterisk Trunk Monitor

Post by tbrummell »

I was using something similar, but have it disabled now as the email chatter was getting annoying. I've just been checking my logs regularly to see how FPL has been doing. I must say, mine's been good compared to what people have been reporting.
pcdunlop
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Windows 7

Re: Asterisk Trunk Monitor

Post by pcdunlop »

Awesome, thanks. I am using this script for a week and no e-mail notifications yet, which is a good sign! :-)