sipdroid + pbxes.org: call "not covered by your tariff plan"

Share your tips, tricks and best practise ideas for Fongo services in here!

sipdroid + pbxes.org: call "not covered by your tariff plan"

Postby thierry.laurion » 07/09/2009

Is there a special dial plan to use?

I've got a 514 number, but can reach only some of the 450 numbers I normally reach with my 514 landline, not all.
No problem with 514 numbers. Incoming calls are perfect, so I bet my trunk and my outbound routing is fine.

I put this in my dial plan to get rid of "this call is not covered by your tariff plan" message i got every time I dialed a number that was stored in my cell in this form: +15141234567:

(as documented here:http://www4.pbxes.com/wiki/index.php/Fixed_Mobile_Convergence)
011++|.

How would you mix this with:
(*xx|*xxxxxxxxx|*xxxxxxxxxxxxx|*xxx|xxx|xxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-
9]xxxxxx|<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |1xxx[2-
9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.|011xxxxxxxxxx)
(which is the dial plan suggested here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25&p=41&hilit=pdf#p41)

???
Something to suggest?

Thanks,
Thierry
thierry.laurion
Just Passing Thru

Re: sipdroid + pbxes.org: call "not covered by your tariff plan"

Postby FONGO_kris » 07/10/2009

I would suggest using this in your dial plan :

[x*][x*].<#:>S0 | [x*][x*](911|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxx|110xxxxxxxxxxxx|98*|[6-7]x*xxxxxxxxxxx}

Now you may need to dial 1+416+1234567 -- FPL has free long distance to most large cities and some small cities across Canada, some people are hesatant to put the 1+AREA+PHONENUMBER because their landline carriers will charge them long distance; so keep in mind we aren't landline providors!

Freephoneline, yes, has one time payments. But I am pretty sure a one time payment of $149.00+tax which includes the following :

1. Configuration File/Settings
2. Analog Telephone Adapter
3. Free tech support & in some cases replacement ATA's (in cases of over heating, DOA, etc...)
4. E-911 Service
5. 1-800 Capabilities
6. Canada Wide Selective Long Distance (most large cities & some small towns)

Is better than $28.00+ /month for phone service.

Keep in mind we can see if you have used the ATA or not on our system, which we check if you call in with a dead ATA; so for those of you wanting a free ATA, sorry:).

Now, if you have our partners (295.ca) High Speed DSL (7.0Mbps), and you buy the Thompson SpeedTouch 780WL (soon to handle Thompson st784WL) for $229.00+S&H it would negate the need for an ATA, since the SpeedTouch 780WL comes equipt with all of the above under the $149.00 ATA package, plus :

1. WEP(PSK) Encrypted Wireless 54Mbps Data Transfer Rate w/ Wireless Interface Manager for easy customization
2. Built-in VoIP support with two (2) phone ports
3. USB Support for NIC Card-less computers
4. One (1) PSTN Phone Port
5. Built-in firewall protection
6. DHCP support
7. NAT support
8. PAT support
9. Auto-negotiation
10. DoS attack prevention
11. ALG support
12. Wireless Distribution System (WDS) support
13. URL filtering
14. Parental control
15. IP address filtering
16. Free firmware upgrades
17. Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support
18. Quality of Service (QoS)
19. Four (4) Ethernet ports for additional non-wireless computers or a switch
20. Remote Assistance

Existing 295.ca High Speed DSL customers who take advantage of this deal get the added bonus of a direct phone number within our system - currently running through the 1+AREA+772-XXXX prefix. You may also port your number at any time after the 780WL purchase or at any point during your subscription to FPL for an extra $19.95, regardless of whether you have previously purchased anything from us. (ie. You don't need a config file to port your number - just use the software phone).
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Postby thierry.laurion » 07/10/2009

They call it a dial rule, not a dial plan (siddroid utilises pbxes.org).
It seems like there are differences.

The dial plan provided gets truncated. It seems it doesn't like <> delimiters and delete part of it.

Sorry for my newbieness, but I i'm presently clueless about how I will be able to dial +1450XXXXXXX numbers directly from my Android phone without ghetting a feminine voice who says that "... not covered by your tariff plan".

Please see the image.

Like I said before, my FPL noumber is a 514. No problem to get out and call a 514 number. The problem is to dial 450 numbers who are not far away...
(Laval, Saint-jerome)

How do I get to do this?

Thanks,
Thierry

Thierry
Attachments
pbxes.org.JPG
pbxes.org.JPG (224.29 KiB) Viewed 17778 times
thierry.laurion
Just Passing Thru

Postby thierry.laurion » 07/10/2009

Is it normal that the dial plan proposed finishes by a '}' without ever starting or containing a '{'?
thierry.laurion
Just Passing Thru

Postby FONGO_kris » 07/10/2009

I would then use :

1514|NXXXXXX -- It seems to make the most sense, our system works on the 1 prefix basis; ie. you need a 1+AREACODE+NUMBER for it to work (1519XXXXXXX).

Dial plans usually start with [ and end with ] or |

This dial plan is an example of a correct one in our system that works well :

(911|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxx|110xxxxxxxxxxxx|98*|[6-7]x*xxxxxxxxxxx}

As you can see it starts in ( but ends in }
Kris
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Postby Krazie243 » 07/10/2009

The Dial Plan that is set into all the ATA's that I ship is:
(911|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xxxxxxxxxxxx.|98*|[6-7]x*xxxxxxxxxxx.)
It starts and ends with ( and ). I think the } that someone typed was just a typo somewhere along the lines.

Frequently, when you try to use "1" in front of any number, including a working number, Freephoneline may reject it with the phrase "This call is not covered by your tariff plan". This is because Freephoneline has no internal long distance structure. You need to use a 2-stage dialing long distance plan in order to make long distance calls. Dialing "1" in front will sometimes make the Freephoneline system think you are dialing long distance even if you are dialing local (or local to the Freephoneline system) and it will reject the number purely because you put a "1" in front. There isn't a single number in the Freephoneline network that requires you to dial "1" in front of the number - just dial the area code and phone number.
Curtis Smale
Student of Wilfrid Laurier University
Krazie243
Active Poster

Postby thierry.laurion » 07/13/2009

I deleted what was present in my dial rules.

With this reseted to default, I'm still able to contact my cellular phone number (514 number) and tried to contact farther numbers in the 450 (st-sauveur, morin-heigths) WITHOUT issues.
When attempting to call my parents, cellular numbers of St-Jerome region, I sytematically get a "not covered by your tariff plan" error.

It seems to me that St-Jerome is not covered by freephoneline.ca and the problem is not a result of a bad dial plan.

Can someone confirm?
thierry.laurion
Just Passing Thru

Postby FONGO_kris » 07/13/2009

Have you entered a one (1) infront of the numbers that are supposedly "out of your tariff plan"?
Kris
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Postby Krazie243 » 07/13/2009

Your tariff plan includes any local number as per the Freephoneline.ca web information. That means that any city listed will be considered local, but cities not listed on our website are not included. You would need a long distance package to reach them.
Curtis Smale
Krazie243
Active Poster

Postby badabing » 07/14/2009

On my phone, I get an error message saying "That password is not valid" ...

Does ti works with the free plan from freephoneline or do I have to pay a special plan to be able to use it this way ?
badabing
One Hit Wonder

Postby FONGO_kris » 07/14/2009

If you have bought a configuration file ($50+Tax) you have all of the necessary settings in your FPL account, if not then yes you will have to purchase a config file.
Kris
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Postby Krazie243 » 07/15/2009

badabing: An additional thing to note - if you have the configuration, be careful to enter the password properly. Sometimes "0" is confused with "O", as an example.
Curtis Smale
Krazie243
Active Poster

Postby thierry.laurion » 07/24/2009

Yes I added a 1 before dialing 450 numbers...

Can we be clearer?

Boisbriand is a city I can reach with my dial plan but the "city" is not present in the list of freephoneline web site. I can also reach more nordic cities, wich are also not present in the cities of the website. (sainte-therese, sainte-agathe...)
(450)4308166 (Boisbriand) is reachable from my Montreal freephoneline phone number... And the city is not supposed to be covered. Is there any way I can gratuously reach St-jerome numbers?? When I call my voicemail and type ## and compose 450 Saint-Jerome numbers, it dials before the call is transfered!!!! Which let me think there is a problem within freephoneline...

Can someone clearly answer the following question:
Is st-jerome completely excluded from gratuituous local calls within Montreal?
Why?

How much is a long distance plan considering that I just want to reach St-jerome, which I can't presently reach!!!?

This is really sad. This service is sooooo close to perfection. Why is a city 30 kilometers far away not covered, when a city 300 kilometers away is included?!? this is a nonsense to me...
thierry.laurion
Just Passing Thru

Postby FONGO_kris » 07/24/2009

FPL Covers most major cities - Unlimited Long distance throughout Canada is $3.95 /month
Kris
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Return to Tips & Tricks From Seasoned Users