Grandstream HT 812 Configuration for Two phone lines

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Grandstream HT 812 Configuration for Two phone lines

Postby minesh » 06/01/2023

I have freephoneline phone number since 2013 and Grandstream HT 702 ATA adapter, beggining i had one freephone line number on port ( FXS1 ) later on i added 2nd phone line ( for my mother to use only ) on port FXS2 and started using total two freephone line phone number on HT 702.

After using so many years on my HT 702 device i got power problem due to heat and its stop working at all. so i purchased HT 812 and switched to HT 812.

since i am using Grandsteam HT 812 , i have stopped getting voice mail notes to my email forwarded. also so many times i stop getting incomming call on port FXS2. some times it works some time it doesnot.

Anybody run Two freephone lines on Grandstream device ??? . can some one please share me correct configuration for two phones line for two different port, FXS1 & FXS2.

I am not techsavy person but some time i get help from people who share their experience and share configuration to correct the issue. i have not use this forum for so many years but now i recently started again to get right configuration for HT812.

please help. Thank you
minesh
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Grand Stream HT 812
Firmware Version: 1.0.45.2
ISP Name: Bell Giga Hub Fiber Optic
Computer OS: Windows OS
Router: Segemcom Giga Hub Wifi Modem

Re: Grandstream HT 812 Configuration for Two phone lines

Postby Liptonbrisk » 06/01/2023

minesh wrote:
since i am using Grandsteam HT 812 , i have stopped getting voice mail notes to my email forwarded.

Voicemail to email is completely unrelated to the device used. Login at https://www.freephoneline.ca/voicemailSettings and check your settings. Then login to your online webmail account, and check its spam folder.

i stop getting incomming call on port FXS2. some times it works some time it doesnot.

Don't use the same SIP server on FXS port 1 and FXS 2, unless you're forced to use voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 because you have no way to disable SIP ALG in your router.

For example, use voip2.freephoneline.ca for Primary SIP Server on FXS port 1 and voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 for Primary SIP Server on FXS Port 2.

Anybody run Two freephone lines on Grandstream device ???

Yes

Anyway, you can refer to guide over here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20252#p79162. Pay attention to what's in bold.

Afterwards, click viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20539 and go through the steps, step by step, down the list.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Device Configuration Sharing