LINKSYS PAP2T PROVISIONING FILE SETUP MADE REAL EASY

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Re: LINKSYS PAP2T PROVISIONING FILE SETUP MADE REAL EASY

Postby sebastian.barbieri » 03/10/2011

glad its working out for everyone!! cheers!
sebastian.barbieri
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Pap2T
Firmware Version: 3.15
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: Mac Osx Snow Leopard

Postby kman86 » 03/16/2011

Hello,
I tried setting up my linksys pap2t-na modem using the method described in this thread, and I can make calls, but I can't receive any. I checked all my ringer settings on my phone and it's on, so it shouldn't be the problem. When I attempt to call my freephoneline number from my cell phone, I can hear the linksys modem actually faintly buzzing, and if I pick up the phone when I'm dialing in I can actually make a connection (which basically means my modem and phone is working, but not the ringer)

I tried enabling and disabling the "DND serv" box and it still doesn't work.
Is there a setting somewhere in the pap2t-na that is making my phone not ring?
Thanks!
kman86
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: linksys PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 3.1.22
ISP Name: shaw
Router: airport

Postby sebastian.barbieri » 03/30/2011

kman86 wrote:Hello,
I tried setting up my linksys pap2t-na modem using the method described in this thread, and I can make calls, but I can't receive any. I checked all my ringer settings on my phone and it's on, so it shouldn't be the problem. When I attempt to call my freephoneline number from my cell phone, I can hear the linksys modem actually faintly buzzing, and if I pick up the phone when I'm dialing in I can actually make a connection (which basically means my modem and phone is working, but not the ringer)

Thanks!

Check the ringer settings. Could also be a defective box, Or your phone it trying to pull too much current from the pap.
settings should be as follows

Under “Ring and Call Waiting Tone Spec” category:
Ring Waveform: Sinusoid
Ring Frequency: 52
Ring Voltage: 90
sebastian.barbieri
Just Passing Thru

Postby bridonca » 03/30/2011

sebastian.barbieri wrote:

Thanks!

Check the ringer settings. Could also be a defective box, Or your phone it trying to pull too much current from the pap.

There is a very good chance the Ring Frequency setting is a typo. It should be 25, not 52
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

bridonca wrote:
sebastian.barbieri wrote:

Thanks!

There is a very good chance the Ring Frequency setting is a typo. It should be 25, not 52

Pretty sure its 52 as per FPLSTEVE in this original post viewtopic.php?f=15&t=310
sebastian.barbieri
Just Passing Thru

sorry after doing a quick search you may be correct. i just followed the information provided to me by fpl steve. If i can get confirmation that it should be 25 then i can change the provisioning file to accommodate that.
sebastian.barbieri
Just Passing Thru

Postby marginal » 03/30/2011

It is 52 ...
marginal
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2-NA
Firmware Version: 3.3.14
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Ubuntu / XP

Postby bridonca » 03/30/2011

I know it says 52 on the freephoneline settings page, but after checking other VOIP providers settings on the PAP2, and the fact the phone stopped ringing funny after I input it to 25, I am more apt to believe it is a typo.
bridonca
Technical Support

Postby marginal » 03/30/2011

I think you're right.
They should change it in the .pdf instructions file ...
marginal
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2-NA
Firmware Version: 3.3.14
Computer OS: Ubuntu / XP

Postby tigurr » 04/20/2011

sweet! works awesome with my linksys PAP2. Thanks for creating this tutorial. :D
tigurr
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: CSipSimple on bell dz desire z
Firmware Version: 0.01-10 r615
ISP Name: rogers and shaw cable
Computer OS: android 2.2 stock bell ROM
Router: netgear WNR 3500

Postby Douce » 04/21/2011

I had my linksys ata originally set to a ring frequency of 52 but found the ring would be wonky every now and then so after reading this thread I tried 25 and all seems to be good now.
I am using dect 6.0 cordless phones on the line so I think maybe different phones need different frequencies.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Douce
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: PAP2-NA
Firmware Version: 3.1.22(LS)
ISP Name: Tecksavey
Computer OS: windows 7 Home Premium
Router: Rogers smc

Postby kman86 » 04/26/2011

I got my phone working a while back, I had to set the Ring Waveform to Trapezoid and the ring frequency to 20, I believe it had something to do with my phones, (Uniden's)
kman86
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: linksys PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 3.1.22
ISP Name: shaw
Router: airport

Postby alexcarrera » 06/10/2011

Hello, I try your XML file and worked great for my PAP2T, but everytime I need to use the second line with other SIP acount, I can hear the DIAL TONE perfectly, I can dial the telephone number, but as soon as the phone at the other end is ringing I can hear nothing but noise, Just noise even if I pick up the call the same noise is still there. Before use your XML file my PAP2T was working great with my SIP but not anymore. Any sugestions? I really need this PAP2T working with 2 lines Line 1 FPL Home usage and Line 2 SIP account for business usage.

Cheers, Alex Carrera
alexcarrera
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Elastix
Firmware Version: 2.4.0
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.4
Router: Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH

Postby sebastian.barbieri » 06/14/2011

alexcarrera wrote:Hello, I try your XML file and worked great for my PAP2T, but everytime I need to use the second line with other SIP acount, I can hear the DIAL TONE perfectly, I can dial the telephone number, but as soon as the phone at the other end is ringing I can hear nothing but noise, Just noise even if I pick up the call the same noise is still there. Before use your XML file my PAP2T was working great with my SIP but not anymore. Any sugestions? I really need this PAP2T working with 2 lines Line 1 FPL Home usage and Line 2 SIP account for business usage.

Cheers, Alex Carrera

Is line 2 a FPL account? or a different SIP provider?
sebastian.barbieri
Just Passing Thru

Postby sebastian.barbieri » 06/15/2011

POST YOUR SUCCESSFUL OR UN-SUCCESSFUL EXPERIENCES PLEASE.
sebastian.barbieri
Just Passing Thru

Postby Steve_K » 07/09/2011

Thank you for the provisioning file. I gave it a whirl, but cannot seem to get a dial tone or receive calls. I can call my freephoneline number and leave a message, but cannot get the message from my phone. My ATA's web interface shows a message waiting for me. If anyone is able to help me out, it would be much appreciated.

I have a PAP2T-NA, DIR-655 router, and Rogers high speed.

After using the provisioning file (doing the 3-5 second wait and all) and entering my SIP user ID and password, my ATA's web interface shows me as connected. I have 3 green lights on my ATA, including Line 1. I tried two different cordless phones, Panasonics. I can program the ATA from the phone using ****. I tried the settings supplied by the provisioning file, and when that didn't work, I tried various other tweaks mentioned on the forum. I tried port forwarding with ports mentioned in this forum and elsewhere. That said, I might not be defining things properly... TCP or UDP? I'm fairly adept at setting up things like this, but am still prone to making newbie errors or overlooking something utterly obvious.

Any thoughts? Please let me know if you need any other info to help solve this problem.

Thanks in advance!
Steve
Steve_K
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: DIR-655 XTREME N GIGABIT

Postby bridonca » 07/09/2011

Good news and bad news, the DIR-655 sucks when it comes to SIP VOIP. But fortunately. there is an update that fixes that. Update your DIR-655 firmware and see what happens.
bridonca
Technical Support

Postby Steve_K » 07/09/2011

Thanks bridonca! I updated the firmware and all is well. I actually went into my router setup last night and did a firmware check and it came back saying I had the latest version. So, I went to the dlink site now, and low and behold there was a newer version. I have a dial tone now and will begin testing the other features. Thanks again. Steve
Steve_K
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Router: DIR-655 XTREME N GIGABIT

Postby Julie85 » 07/30/2011

you said settingup your file was esy and it was.
however it did not work for me.
my phone was setup OK.
I could make calls, and I was receiving calls.
the sound was clear.
but I had none of the features, such as caller Id,
call waiting,etc.
your instructions was ment to connect this for me.
I thought I could have made a mistake some where,
and tried to clear everything and start over again.
do you know how I can do this?

in starting out again,I click on
Click Admin Login,/
Click Switch To Advanced View.
clicking on "click switch to advanced view"
there's a whole bunch of information that
keps scrolling, I cant get past this.
I cannot get to the provisioning page.
could you help please?
julie85
Julie85
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: Vista home premium
Router: lnksyspap2T

Postby kk18 » 09/10/2011

sebastian.barbieri wrote:Anyone try it out? Post some feedback. Any suggestions on changing any settings let me know as well. I used the recommended settings from fpl steve so give some credit to him as well .

I am using your file to setup my Linksys PAP2T for FPL and everything is working fine so far, thank you for sharing.
kk18
Just Passing Thru

Postby boon » 09/10/2011

Hi sebastian.barbieri,

I've updated some of the settings on the PAP2T. How can I export it out to a file as my backup copy? Thanks.
boon
Quiet One

ISP Name: acanac-dsl
Computer OS: win7
Router: e3000

Postby ellesmeer » 02/26/2012

Thanks!

I had the same problem before. It could dial out, but could not receive any calls. Disabling NAT mapping and disabling keep NAT alive fixed the problem on my Linksys ATA.
ellesmeer
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys ATA
Firmware Version: 3.17
Router: Linksys E4200

Postby vladshab13 » 07/14/2012

Thanks a lot. Your xml file work great.
vladshab13
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: 3.1.15

Postby 12269468364 » 08/29/2012

Hello there.

I have a Cisco - Linksys PAP 2T ATA box, purchased about 1 year and half ago. Used with a voip phone service company and probably they provisioned or program my ATA box. Theat voip phone company went out of business. Now I tried to use this ATA box with Fongo after I just purchased the unlock key from them. But unfortunately I could not get it work with Fongo. I tried to get this ATA's IP number according to your instruction posted on this forum though it says MODEL PAP 2T NA which I took for MODEL PAP 2T, but I get nothing, no sound from my phone when it is hooked up with my ATA box.

Could anybody please help me with reconfiguring this ATA box? I will appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Regards,

Jay
One Hit Wonder

Computer OS: window 7
Router: none

Postby Jake » 08/29/2012

12269468364 wrote:Hello there.

I have a Cisco - Linksys PAP 2T ATA box, purchased about 1 year and half ago. Used with a voip phone service company and probably they provisioned or program my ATA box. Theat voip phone company went out of business. Now I tried to use this ATA box with Fongo after I just purchased the unlock key from them. But unfortunately I could not get it work with Fongo. I tried to get this ATA's IP number according to your instruction posted on this forum though it says MODEL PAP 2T NA which I took for MODEL PAP 2T, but I get nothing, no sound from my phone when it is hooked up with my ATA box.

Could anybody please help me with reconfiguring this ATA box? I will appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Regards,

Jay

You won't get a dial tone unless the line is actually registered, you should still be able to press **** 110 # and get the IP though. Do you hear the tones as you press the buttons? It could be that your other phone company has locked it right down - difficult to say. You might find something by Googling for other people who used to be customers of theirs and are trying to do the same thing.

The other way you might be able to get the IP is by looking in your router and checking to see what devices are registered in the DCHP section. Or just guess. Find out the IP of your computer, then try a few digits higher
eg, if your computer is 192.168.1.12, try 192.168.1.13, 192.168.1.14, etc.
Jake
Technical Support

PreviousNext

Return to Device Configuration Sharing