Aastra 6731i and similar configuration

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Aastra 6731i delay after dialing

Postby visioncraft » 09/10/2010

I am using an Aastra 6731i IP phone. Overall, the configuration I am using works well in terms of sound quality, etc. There is one problem, however.

After dialing, the phone waits 30 seconds before completing the call. Adding a # after dialing does not help. I have tried using various dial plans, but all seem to have the same problem. (My current plan is: 1[2-9]XXXXXXXXX|416XXXXXXX|647XXXXXXX|905XXXXXXX|01155XXXXXXXXXX|011XXXXXXXXXX|911|411|311|211|*98)

Has anyone been successful using Aastra phones on freephonline.ca without the dialing delay? If so, what did you do?

Many thanks!
visioncraft
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: Bell

Re: Aastra 6731i delay after dialing

I resolved the problem. It had nothing to do with the dialing plan, but instead with the DNS server. In the network section of the phone configuration, uncheck DHCP, then add Google's DNS as the Secondary DNS (8.8.8.8). If you are using a static IP address for the phone (as I am, via my router configuration), you can keep the DHCP box uncheck and specify both DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Or, if using DHCP, just keep the Secondary DNS as Google, recheck the Enabled box, and save the settings. No change to the defaul dialing plan is needed. I'll post the configuration files by themselves....
visioncraft
Just Passing Thru

Aastra 6731i and similar configuration

I managed to get the Aastra 6731i working with freephoneline.ca. It works great - I would highly recommend it.

Just watch the DNS server configuration in the Network section. Make sure to have a public DNS server as at least one of the servers. The phone configuration will automatically chose your router for one (which is really incorrect!). I use Google's DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

The network and SIP settings are attached here as a PDF. Note that you can configure multiple lines on this phone, so the Global settings are based on the default line. I've used 1647247000 as a sample phone number, so this and your account name, screen name, caller id, and password will need to be customised.

This same configuration should probably work on other Aastra phones using the same firmware, including 9143i, 9480i, and other 67xxi series phones.
Attachments
Aastra6731iConfiguration.pdf
Configuration settings for network and sip...
(359.11 KiB) Downloaded 1014 times
visioncraft
Just Passing Thru

Re: Aastra 6731i and similar configuration

Postby francisd84 » 01/15/2014

Just a rectification that the delay problem mentionned here is not due to DNS. You must remove voip.freephoneline.ca from "Outboud Proxy Server" and "Registrar Server". Only keep "proxy server" with port 5060. The delay will disapear.

Tested with 9112i
francisd84
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Obi100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2774)
ISP Name: Videotron
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Cisco E1200 DD-WRT

Return to Device Configuration Sharing