grandstream HT286 unable to enter its webinterface

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

grandstream HT286 unable to enter its webinterface

Postby astaza » 09/07/2016

hi, happy to be here.and this is my first message.
i have grandstream HT286 which i am using it with another voip provider. and i want to use with FFL. I FOLLWED exactly alll the steps to rest it to factory setting and in fact the voice propmt rest and i enter the mac adresse as told and the device reboots. but when i use the ip adresse to enter the interface to modify the setting and enter FFL account, it tellls to enter the password. and i tried admin and 123 but it said that the password is incorrect. I CONTACTED my actuel provider to give me the password of the device but he refused. so is there any way to rest it to factory setting or i have to buy another ata?
thank you
astaza
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: handytone286

Re: grandstream HT286 unable to enter its webinterface

Postby astaza » 09/08/2016

I followed all these instructions but in vain: the devise reboot but i am unable to enter into it internal webpage by using default pass word 123 or admin.

Once you have encoded the MAC address you will begin the factory reset.
To perform a factory reset:
Pick up the headset and dial *** or press the LED button for voice prompt.
Enter 99 and get the voice prompt Reset.
Enter the encoded MAC address.
Wait for 15 seconds. The device will reboot automatically and restore to factory default setting.

Note: Factory Reset will be disabled if the Lock keypad update is set to Yes

i am unable to reset it to factory default is it because of the fact that lock keypad update is set to yes? is there a way to set it to no? any one have an idea or thecase is hopeless since it is locked to a provider knowing Ipaied for this device. thx
astaza
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: handytone286

Return to Device Configuration Sharing