Config Info: Obihai OBi-110 ATA 1 of 2

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Config Info: Obihai OBi-110 ATA 1 of 2

Postby T.O._Dave » 10/12/2011

Hey FPL Colleagues:

I read the reviews of FPL at DSL Reports and decided to take the plunge. My review at DSL reports won't go up until I've stress-tested the system.

I read the on-line reviews of the Obihai OBi-110 and its smaller sibling, the OBi-100, and decided to test an OBi-110 in conjunction with FPL.

The first challenge: if you purchase the OBi-110 or OBi-100 from Amazon.com (.com not .ca) it won't get shipped to Canada. Don't know why -- and don't really care except it involves one more step. Have the device shipped to a friend / relative in the good ol' US of A and then have it transshipped via UPS. It adds about $28 to the price -- but I believe in the long run it'll be well worth it.

STEP 1:
I presume you can read the instructions which come with the OBi-110 / OBi-100 about what plugs in where.
However, to summarize (I purchased an OBi-110 so I'll use this going forward; the OBi-100 is identical for purposes of these instructions):
#1. Plug in the supplied RJ-45 cable to the OBi-110 and plug the other end of the cable into your router. I have a D-Link DIR-615 with 4 wired ports of which 2 were free. The other two router ports have D-Link Gigabit Ethernet DGS-1008D switches / hubs attached.
#2. Plug the supplied telephone cable into the PHONE jack on the OBi-110 and the other end into your telephone handset
#3. If your router is set up for DHCP as soon as you connect the power (standard 12 V adapter) the device should receive an IP address
#4. Check that the POWER and PHONE LEDs are SOLID GREEN, and that the ACTIVITY LED flickers periodically
#5. Perform an echo test of the Obihai unit (using the OBiTALK network) by dialing **9-222-222-222
Alternatively you can make a test call by dialing **9-333-333-333 followed by the outgoing number

IF THE ABOVE IS SUCCESSFUL, YOUR OBIHAI DEVICE IS WORKING AND YOU CAN MOVE ON TO THE NEXT STEP

STEP 2:
#1. I don't like random IP addresses, so I configured the OBi-110 to have a static IP address. This can be done on the device itself by following the voice prompts. To enter a "period" press the "star" key on your phone handset. I gave my OBi-110 a fixed IP address of 192.168.0.188
#2. To make sure the router is on the same page, I logged-in to the D-Link DIR-615 and mapped the OBi-110's MAC address to the IP address above

AND NOW THE FUN BEGINS

STEP 3:
#1. If you haven't already, purchase the SIP "key" from FPL -- $50.00 plus HST ($56.50)
#2. The e-mail will contain 3 items of info:
1. The Server Name (FPL calls it a "Realm"): voip.freephoneline.ca
2. Your User Name (the FREE DID telephone number you signed up for): 1AAAXXXNNNN (Your Number Goes Here)
3. Your Password (unique to you; this is the SIP "key"): 12345678 (Your Password Goes Here)
#3. Log in to the web configuration for the OBi-110: http://192.168.0.188 using the default admin user name and password

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note that in order to change the settings, you need to Uncheck the "Default" box on the right hand side.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4. Navigate to "System Management --> Network Settings"

1 System Management - Network Settings.jpg
Image 1

#5. As you see from the screen capture, you need only to enter the "Local Time Zone" -- and this isn't critical to the functioning of the Obi-110 with FPL. It does help if you care about accurate call logs.
#6. Click on "Submit" and you will be prompted to reboot the OBi-110. Go ahead and do so as it takes less than 30 seconds.

STEP 4:
#1. If prompted, log in to the web configuration for the OBi-110: http://192.168.0.188 using the default admin user name and password
#2. Navigate to "Service Providers --> ITSP Profile A --> General"

2 Service Providers - ITSP Profile A - General - REDACTED.jpg
Image 2

#3. As you see from the screen capture, you need only to enter the "ITSP Name" Please confirm that "SignalingProtocol" shows "SIP" as the Default.
#4. Click on "Submit" and you will be prompted to reboot the OBi-110. Go ahead and do so.

STEP 5:
#1. If prompted, log in to the web configuration for the OBi-110: http://192.168.0.188 using the default admin user name and password
#2. Navigate to "Service Providers --> ITSP Profile A --> SIP"

3 Service Providers - ITSP Profile A - SIP.jpg
Image 3

#3. As you see from the screen capture, you need only to enter the "ProxyServer" name. Enter "voip.freephoneline.ca" without the quotes.
#4. Click on "Submit" and you will be prompted to reboot the OBi-110. Go ahead and do so.

CONTINUED ON SECOND POST: 2 OF 2 (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3100)
Last edited by Jake on 07/06/2013, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link to part 2
T.O._Dave
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Obihai Technology OBi-110 ATA
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 (Build: 2290)
ISP Name: AEI Internet - DSL
Computer OS: Win-XP Pro 2002 SP2 [Not Germane]
Router: D-Link DIR-615 Rev C 3.13NA

Re: Config Info: Obihai OBi-110 ATA 1 of 2

Postby lauren » 10/14/2011

Lauren D
Dispatch Coordinator
lauren
Site Moderator

SIP Device Name: Softphone
ISP Name: Fibernetics
Computer OS: Windows 7

Re: Config Info: Obihai OBi-110 ATA 1 of 2

Postby zetoune » 11/21/2012

Any official howto from guys from Fongo (like this one -> viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5366)? I have both ATA (obi110, Grandstream HT-701) and the obi110 has lots of settings which can be tweaked. The sound seems to be better with Grandstream. I followed the FONGO_steve's tutorial.
It would be great to get feedback & tips from Fongo about obi110 how to set it up.
Thank you.

PS: I can provide screenshots of the web UI if it helps.
zetoune
Just Passing Thru

Return to Device Configuration Sharing