Linksys PAP2T-NA

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Re: Linksys PAP2T-NA - HELP!!!!

Postby jsd » 03/05/2011

I have recently upgraded my router and now the person on the other end can not hear my clearly. I want to forward ports 10,000-20,000 and 5060-6061.

My challenge is the new router asks the following:

internal port
external port
protocol
To IP Address

can someone tell me what to enter?
thanks for your help
jsd
One Hit Wonder

ISP Name: rogers cable
Computer OS: vista

Re: Linksys PAP2T-NA

Postby bridonca » 03/05/2011

You only need 2 ports forwarded, a SIP port, and a RTP port, and you have to make sure nothing else will use the ports you assign except the ATA. the first thing I would do is check the ports the ATA is using, usually 5060 for SIP, and check what the RTP port is. When you find that, get the router to forward those ports to the ATA. Ports 10,000-20,000 and 5060-6061 are what freephoneline can use, it does not use them all.

I suspect that will not really solve your problem though. If I were to guess, you have a high amount of jitter on the upload. See what happens when you use the G.729 codec instead of G.711 See what happens when you select 30ms instead of the default 20ms timing.

Take a look at how good you internet connection is for VOIP http://myspeed.visualware.com/servers/n ... erate.com/
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby someonee » 03/10/2011

Sorry I have read the whole thing yet.... I have several problems logging in to system I could not get into admin until I reset it.... But now I'm pledge with problems what should I do pap2-na ebay product.
someonee
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: UTStarcom F1000
Firmware Version: 4.5
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: windows 7
Router: wpn824v3 Netgear Rangemax

No Ring tone

Postby chrisristeski » 03/25/2011

HI All..

I have setup my pap2t-na and it works great with an old uniden cordless 2.4Ghz phone. I went out over the weekend and bout a Uniden DECT 6.0 phone ( 1.9GhZ) and now when someone calls the phone it rings once followed by broken rings like its dying or something. I have read all over the place about changing the ring tone frequency and the voltage but no success. Does anyone know what the correct settings would be in order to get this phone to work properly.

**NOTE** i went to walmart and bought an At&T cordless set shortafter and it too won't work. It seems anything DECT6.0 has issues ringing..

Please advise

Thanks
chrisristeski
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Pap2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.??
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: WRT54G

Postby diva » 03/29/2011

Under “Ring and Call Waiting Tone Spec” category change Ring Frequency from 52 (recommended) to 26.
It worked for me.
diva
Just Passing Thru

Postby bridonca » 03/29/2011

diva wrote:Under “Ring and Call Waiting Tone Spec” category change Ring Frequency from 52 (recommended) to 26.
It worked for me.

Thank you for the update, Diva! I am almost certain 52 is a misprint, and that actual setting is 25, which I used before my Chinese knockoff PAP2 died. I forgot to document it so I could not comment!
bridonca
Technical Support

Linksys PAP2T-NA & Linkys E3000 don't work ...

Postby marginal » 04/17/2011

Hello everyone.

I installed a Linksys (Cisco) E3000 router yesterday and since then I don't hear the voices on the incoming calls and they don't hear me on the outgoing ones (there's no tone heard on my side either).
Any suggestions?

Regards.
marginal
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2-NA
Firmware Version: 3.3.14
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Ubuntu / XP

Postby tigerknee » 04/25/2011

Colorwolf wrote:The are with Fido

NPA=416
NXX=720

I have also tried some 905 phone number such but all it does is just go silent but when i check my log it says it was connected successfully. But I could not hear anything at all and the other side could not hear me either.

Thanks for your help.

is this issue resolved?
Is this dependent on our FPL number?

I'm having the same issue, certain numbers work and certain numbers don't work.
tigerknee
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: 3web
Computer OS: windows 7
Router: WRT310 with tomato firmware

Postby FONGO_kris » 04/26/2011

Have either of you having these issues tried changing codecs recently, or perhaps changed routers like marginal?

I heavily suspect the culprit here is your Cisco E3000 marginal, do you happen to download a lot? The Cisco E3000 is specifically horrible for holding multiple stable connections at a time because of it's fairly limited NAT table, especially with stuff like torrents. Not sure about non-stock firmware compatibility though...
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Postby marginal » 04/26/2011

You are right admin.
I put the PAP2-NA between my SpeedTouch ST780 and my Linksys E3000 and now everything came back to normal (the ST780 has its firewall deactivated).
The only issue I am having is I can no longer do the provisioning as per Mr. Barbieri, but this is not so critical as not being able to receive calls.
marginal
Active Poster

Postby hawkjordan » 04/26/2011

I have the same settings and problems as yours, and I think I found the solution.

Steve is right, one way audio is due to network issue, either firewall or port forwarding/mapping. As soon as I disable the router firewall, FPL works great.

My guess is FPL using dynamic RTP port to transport audio, unlike vBuzzer. Therefore, only forwarding certain ports (e.g. SIP using UDP 5060, 5061, etc, and RTP using UDP 13000, and 13001, etc), instead of a range of ports (e.g. UDP 5060 - 6061, and 10000 - 20000) won't permanently solve FPL one way audio problem.

Not all the routers can do a range of ports forwarding, e.g. Belkin router cannot, but only do specific port forwarding.

Therefore, for those lucky guys who have a range of ports forwardable routers, they have no issues with FPL; for some unlucky guys, like mackey2001 and myself, FPL just works on the "hit and miss" pattern. Only way to get this around is turn off the router firewall (which I don't like to), or add all those ports in the range to those non-smart router port forwarding list...which is a pain... :o

unless, Steve can tell us which ports FPL use for RTP!!!

Steve, please. Thank you.

mackey2001 wrote:Hello...here is my problem.....

I have a pap2 - with Vbuzzer's settings in Line 1
and on line 2 - I entered all the FPL settings.

Line 1 (vbuzzer) is working perfectly fine. but line 2 (fpl) is not working. Here are details :
====================================
Service Provider : Rogers
Dialtone : Yes, I do hear dialtone on my fpl line.
Call out : I can call out, but i dont hear the phone ringing, and the other party can not hear me if they answer the phone. According to the other part.. they do hear couple of beeps every 3-4 seconds... its like __ __ __ __ __ __

Call IN : No, whenever somebody try to call me - it gives them busy siignal. and ofcourse my FPL line never rings.
=====================================

What have I tried so far ?
I have hard reset my PAP2 a couple of times
I have just put FPL settings including rtp settings, user settings.
I have tried changing the codec settings to everything possible.
I have tried the port from 5060, 5061, 80, 6060.
=====================================

Even than.... my Vbuzzer still works fine, but FPL is not. Any help ??? Why are most of the settings here hitt and miss ?? is there any confirmed settings for PAP2 which is confirmed to work?

HELP HELP

Thanks
Mackey
hawkjordan
Just Passing Thru

Postby marginal » 04/27/2011

hawkjordan wrote:Only way to get this around is turn off the router firewall (which I don't like to), or add all those ports in the range to those non-smart router port forwarding list...which is a pain... :o

The other way is to do what I did: put the ATA between two routers :) ...
marginal
Active Poster

Postby hawkjordan » 04/28/2011

Weird thing is, when FPL not working with my router firewall turned on + ports forwading being setup, VBuzzer works just fine, as Mackey mentioned.

One more problem is, after disabled the router firewall, dial *98 goes nowhere, all I got is silence. With firewall turned on, *98 will take me to voice mailbox, but of course it brings up one way audio while in phone conversation.

The odd thing is, I replaced the not-working for FPL router (Belkin N F5D8233-4 v3000) with a granpa-grade USR router, both FPL and VBuzzer work extremely great, no matter those UDP ports being forwarded or not, which is even better, .........or...........worse............correct?.....LOL..............

have fun, guys, with this unique techy stuff.... cost me 5 days of late bed-time.....
hawkjordan
Just Passing Thru

Postby marginal » 04/28/2011

hawkjordan wrote:With firewall turned on, *98 will take me to voice mailbox, but of course it brings up one way audio while in phone conversation.

I can access my voice mailbox by dialing my own phone number.
Have you tried that?
marginal
Active Poster

Postby zoro » 05/10/2011

HI there,

this is my first post, as I've just activated FPL with PAP2T-NA last weekend. So, far so good, but I wanted to share some info with other people here. I am using Astaro Security Gateway UTM device and I thought I that opening port ranges from 5060-6061 UDP and 10K-20K UDP would be enough, but it wasn't.
When I did this, I was getting ring tone, but no voice. By looking in live log, I was seeing packets in range of 49K+.
So, my current config with Astaro and FPL to work properly is the following:

1) LAN->WAN ports opened from PAP device IP only->voip.freephoneline.ca in range of ports from 1025-60K (so, destination is FPL Proxy Server only, not whole internet)
2) no need to setup WAN->LAN inbound access rule at all
3) No need for SIP section configuration at all
4) No DNAT/SNAT configuration needed at all

Overall, you only need to open outbound ports from your PAP, or any other VoIP adapter IP you have to FPL Proxy Server IP on ports defined in range above and you can make and receive calls.

If, someone else has different experience, I would like to hear it, Especially, when it comes to port range.

Also, where can I find, what advanced features are supported by FPL, when it comes to using short codes like *65 and so on (conferencing etc)?

Thanks,

Zoro
zoro
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.6
ISP Name: ROGERS
Computer OS: WinXP
Router: TomatoRAF

Postby jack1702 » 06/07/2011

Hi,

i am a new user using VOIP phone with linksys PAP2T and bell 2wire modem-router. per doc, i completed setting and did port forward (SIP port:5060-5061 and RTP port:16384 - 16482).

It looks works, but i have one trouble.

1.Network lose connection,ping timeout, and power light get red when i click saving each change (sometimes no changes) in advance mode.
2.network lose connection, ping timeout and power light get red during the call.

This is recurring issue (each time the line will come back to normal in 2 or 3 second- it looks PAP2T did reboot automatically), and it is very annoying.

any idea?

Thanks,

Jack
jack1702
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Bell DSL
Router: 2WIRE Router-Modem

Postby mafortin » 06/11/2011

Hello FPL community,

I am using PAP2T through a WRT160NL router and every "basic" funcitonality is working fine (port forwarding, DMZ enabled in router & PAP2T as per pdf provided in this thread). Thanks to all for sharing your tips and tricks!

1) One thing is that, even without any message on voicemail, I still get the 3-5 "du" tones before getting the line when I unhook the phone... Anyone has an idea on how this could be avoided?

2) I would now like to configure the call forwarding as made available through the PAP2T's USER tab, which is more flexible than with the FPL account (i.e. follow me, which I have made working fine). However, with the ATA, a "to be forwarded" caller automaticallly gets the voicemail. Any clue on this issue?

3) Finally, anyone knows how to use (i.e. dial on the phone) the speed dialing as configured on the USER tab?

Thanks for your help
mafortin
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: AEI
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Linksys WRT160NL

Postby Ssseth » 06/21/2011

Can anyone tell me why the PAP2T-NA is preferred over the Grandstream HT-286 that FPL sells themselves? It seemed more popular for some reason which is why I'm thinking of getting it.
Ssseth
Just Passing Thru

Postby toscene » 07/25/2011

I was wondering if anyone can assist me with my configuration, the problem I seem to have is that I can hear when someone calls me but they can't hear me at all. I've read the whole thread and did everything according to the instructions.

This is my configuration:

-Linksys pap2t device connected to a trendnet gigabit switch connected to my Cisco E3000 router
-My router is flashed with Tomato version 1.28
-I just flashed the ATA to the latest verison 5.1.6
-I am on Teksavvy Cable Internet
-I'm using a vtech Dect 6.0 cordless with 3 handbases

On my router, I have the following ports forwarded to the IP of my ATA, UDP ports 5060-6061 and UDP ports 16384-16482.

I do download a lot, as I saw Kris post this question about the Cicsco E3000 routers. I have tried putting the IP of the ATA in the DMZ zone but it's still the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT I ended up solving the problem, I flashed my router with the latest Tomato firmware from Toastman without VPN support. Forwarded the following UDP ports to the ATA IP: 5060-6061 and 10000-20000. I couldn't get the static IP to work with it properly so I ended up configuring my router's DHCP server to assign a static IP to the ATA.

I called my cousin in Ottawa and talked for about 10 minutes and he had no problems calling me. So far so good, I'm very happy. I hope it stays stable. The true test is when I start downloading torrents and trying to make a call at the same time.
toscene
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Linksys Pap2t
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Linksys E3000

Postby Vancityex » 09/18/2011

Hi i am in Vancouver so PST zone ans setup the ATA as per this pdf every thing works 100% except the time zone, it is off by two hours please help.thanks
Vancityex
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: Win 7 ultimate
Router: SMC

Postby AdeAhmed » 10/14/2011

Hi everyone...just started using today...i bought a PAP2T-Na...which i thought was brand new (admittedly it was through ebay...but someone local)...set everything up and it was fine...all of a sudden i try making a call and my adapter starts flashing red and green...far as i can tell that means its bricked, but does anyone know what happened, and if possible how I can fix it?

As it was ebay local...while the guy did offer 60 days before exchanging, would like to see if this is a repairable problem...if any advice please let me know...
AdeAhmed
Just Passing Thru

Postby marginal » 10/14/2011

If it's bricked, you'll never be able to make a call through it.
marginal
Active Poster

Postby AdeAhmed » 10/14/2011

D'oh...any idea what would have caused it...i actually called linksys and it seemed to be legit as i gave them the serial no. and everything...
AdeAhmed
Just Passing Thru

Postby sneek » 11/07/2011

Is there any easy way for me to get both ports to work on the PAP2T. I want one phone number but I want it to ring to both ports, and allow either to pick up.

I have a great cordless phone set, but you really can't beat the reliability of a good wired handset. I would like to know if it is possible without me buying a combination wired/cordless phone.

Thanks in advance!
sneek
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: MacOS

Postby bridonca » 11/07/2011

sneek wrote:Is there any easy way for me to get both ports to work on the PAP2T. I want one phone number but I want it to ring to both ports, and allow either to pick up.

I have a great cordless phone set, but you really can't beat the reliability of a good wired handset. I would like to know if it is possible without me buying a combination wired/cordless phone.

Thanks in advance!

Is there anything stopping you from going to the dollar store and buying a rj11 splitter, which would allow 2 phones to share the same line? either this solution is too obvious, or one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments! :)
bridonca
Technical Support

PreviousNext

Return to Device Configuration Sharing