Linksys PAP2T-NA

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Re: Linksys PAP2T-NA

Postby jedran » 11/07/2011

i have linksys PAP2T-NA. i recieved the configuration in my email. but when i log in to my account i cant configure, there nothing in my account about how to config and theres no software for the configuration. help me
jedran
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: linksys atap2p
ISP Name: cable
Computer OS: window vista
Router: Dlink

Postby Jake » 11/07/2011

The configuring is all done on the ATA, not in your online FPL account. Have you downloaded the PDF attached to the first post of this thread?
Jake
Technical Support

Postby sneek » 11/19/2011

This might be a stupid question, but is there a way to set up the PAP2T to ring to both ports. At the moment I can only seem to get it working on one port at a time. I seem to remember that you could make both ports work. I am looking to connect port 1 to a wired desk phone and port 2 for a cordless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I feel like I have done this before, but with the newest firmware I can't seem to figure it out. I thought it used to be under regional settings!
sneek
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: MacOS

Postby Jake » 11/19/2011

I think I read somewhere on another Linksys ATA you could connect both phone sockets together via the software, but you can't, AFAIK, do this on the PAP2T.

Your best bet is just to get a phone socket splitter and plug both phones into one socket.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby dibsmft » 11/24/2011

Are you running STUN (eg. stun.xten.com)? If not, give it a try.
If you have NAT mapping enabled try turning it off.
How have you configured port forwarding (different ports to each line such as 5061 to line 1 and 5062 to line 2)
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Postby rrai12 » 12/11/2011

I am having problem with the outbound calls and inbound calls. On Outbound call, I can call the number they can hear me out but I can't hear them. On inbound calls, No one can call me as it goes straight to voice mail so no incoming calls. I have no phone dial tone in my cordless phone. I have not changed any settings on Linksys PAP2T. It started happening after Bell increased my transferred me from FIBE6 to FIBE12 MB. I have virtually went through each setting on the Linksys PAP2T but nothing seems to work. Though I noticed when I call any number Phone1 light starts flashing. I am using DECT 6.0 cordless. I am on Bell 2 wire modem. Any clues would be helpful?
rrai12
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: LINKSYS-PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.06
ISP Name: BELL DSL
Computer OS: Windows XP
Router: Bell 2 Wire

Postby desivibe » 12/22/2011

rrai12 wrote:I am having problem with the outbound calls and inbound calls. On Outbound call, I can call the number they can hear me out but I can't hear them. On inbound calls, No one can call me as it goes straight to voice mail so no incoming calls. I have no phone dial tone in my cordless phone. I have not changed any settings on Linksys PAP2T. It started happening after Bell increased my transferred me from FIBE6 to FIBE12 MB. I have virtually went through each setting on the Linksys PAP2T but nothing seems to work. Though I noticed when I call any number Phone1 light starts flashing. I am using DECT 6.0 cordless. I am on Bell 2 wire modem. Any clues would be helpful?

checkout viewtopic.php?f=14&t=298
desivibe
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA-2100
Computer OS: WIn 7
Router: wrt54gl

Linksys PAP2-NA (Incomming Calsl Issue)

Postby ahad.khan » 12/29/2011

Hi,
I need a help. I have Linksys PAP2-NA and connected with my Trendnet router. I have setup my ATA according to the instruction given in this forum. Outgoing call no issues but for incomming calls, When some one calls my FPL number they heared bussy dial tone, or some times no busy and it doesn't go on voicemail.The phone set which i connect to FPL number is not ringing because the person who make a call on FPL number its doesn't go thru. After couple of hours I need to reset my router in order to work my phone to get incoming calls. I dont know it could be an issue with DHCP lease or what? but outgoing calls never issue. I have not tried ATA connected directly to modem as of yet. I would really appreciate if somebody help me in this regards.
Thanks
ahad.khan
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2 NA
Firmware Version: 3.1.3(LS)
ISP Name: SHAW Cable
Computer OS: WIN XP
Router: TRENDnet

Postby seagame2001 » 12/30/2011

Get a different router and flash with DDRWT

Otherwise try to do port forwarding correctly
seagame2001
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Postby bridonca » 12/30/2011

What is the model and revision number of your Trendnet router? I have never come across a Trendnet router that did not have substandard default firmware. Hopefully you can flash it to DD-WRT.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Linksys PAP2T-NA (behind pfSense NAT)

Postby Piterek » 01/23/2012

Sharing configuration for pfSense 2.0 BSD based firewall. ATA on private LAN behind NAT, assuming two firewall interfaces... WAN and LAN.

Security through obscurity

On the ATA change the SIP port to something other than 5060. Let's call it SIPORT.
    On the ATA change the RTP port range to something other than 16384-16482. Let's call it RTPORTS.
    Changing ports will also get your ISP off your back as they occasionally block default VoIP ports to drive us nuts...just because they can.

Go to Firewall/NAT/Port Forward

NOTE: Forwarding should not be necessary to make the ATA work, if NAT works right, but if you have issues...
    Create a rule for interface "WAN" to forward SIP UDP SIPORT from "any" to ATA private IP address and UDP SIPORT. This will allow inbound SIP requests to the ATA. This rule will auto create a corresponding rule for interface "WAN" under Firewall/Rules (leave as is).
    RTPORTS do not need to be forwarded. SIP will open these up as needed, through Outbound NAT (see below). If you experience problems, you can try and forward these too, but this should not be necessary.

Go to Firewall/NAT/Outbound.

Create a NAT rule for interface "WAN" to NAT the SIP UDP SIPORT from you private network to "any".
    Create a NAT rule for interface "WAN" to NAT the RTP UDP RTPORTS from your private network to "any", and check "static port" check box.

It's good to reset the states before implementing and then during config. To start clean, unplug the ATA and let the FPL SIP Settings page show "disconnected". Reset the firewall states and then plug the ATA back in. Reset the states after each rule change (add/delete/modify) and test often.

Much of this will apply to any decent firewall. Have fun!
Piterek
One Hit Wonder

Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 7 x64
Router: pfSense

Postby BMR » 02/10/2012

This is a lesson I would like to share with others which may have the same problem.
I have the phone service with Freephone since Jan 2010, and everything was working fine. I also bought my ATA from Freephone.
Recently, my Freephone service just quit working. I have internet provided by BELL and I have a modem model: 2Wire 2701HG-G Gateway. Obviously, the ATA adaptor is a Linksys PAP2T, with DMZ settings in the internet router.
The message posted in the Setup application of the ATA Modem, under "INFO / Registration state" was "Cannot connect to the server".
I reset the ATA to factory settings, re-entered the SIF settings. No luck!
Next, since I noticed that Bell's application for interogating the Internet Modem has changed, I went under "LAN" > "Devices" and clicked on "Clear List". This action has cleared the definintion for ALL devices connected to the internet modem; basically a fresh start. Next, I had to restart the ATA (and all other devices connected to the internet modem) and everything went back to normal.
Now, everything is working fine (again!). Strange enough, I did NOT set the DMZ for the phone adaptor (PAP-2T), and is still working fine (tested; both ways working fine).

The one issue I had: when I called Freephone line Tech Support, the technician asked me to go check with my ATA provider and did not acknowledge that I have purchased the ATA from Freephone! He asked me to check my shipping papers and provide evidence!?! Found the papers (from 2010!!!) and if this question comes-up again, I have the evidence. However, it looks like Freephone may have lost track of data with equippment we have purchased from them.

Cheers!
BMR
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Linksys - PAP2T
Firmware Version: 3.1.15
Computer OS: Win7, Vista
Router: Bell 2Wire -2701HG-G Gateway

1 ring then fast busy when i try to call my number

Postby ancnfamily » 02/20/2012

So I can make outbound calls but when i try to call my number i get 1 ring then fast busy. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks
ancnfamily
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: pap2t
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: bell
Computer OS: win 7
Router: TL-WR1043ND

Re: 1 ring then fast busy when i try to call my number

Postby Jake » 02/20/2012

ancnfamily wrote:So I can make outbound calls but when i try to call my number i get 1 ring then fast busy. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Check the Codec is NOT set to only use g729. On the line one tab look to see if 'use preferred codec only' is set to yes. If it is, change it to no and/or change the codec to g711u and give that a try.
Jake
Technical Support

No luck. Sill same issue. Outgoing just fine, but can not call my number from any phone. How, when i dial my number i get fast busy. Druving me nuts.

Even tried this:
http://www.toao.net/25-linksys-ata-configuration

Thanks for help
ancnfamily
Just Passing Thru

ancnfamily wrote:No luck. Sill same issue. Outgoing just fine, but can not call my number from any phone. How, when i dial my number i get fast busy. Druving me nuts.

Even tried this:
http://www.toao.net/25-linksys-ata-configuration

Thanks for help

So when I log into my iPhone or my PC with this number it all works fine. So suspecting there is an issue with the ATA adapter or an option.
ancnfamily
Just Passing Thru

Postby dibsmft » 02/20/2012

I seems like the ATA is not correctly getting your external address or that your port forwarding is not working or other devices on your network are grabbing the ports. I gather thay you have forwarded all of the required ports.
As a test, make sure that the ATA is the only device attached to your router in any way including wifi, power down the ATA and then the router. Wait about a minute and then restart the router and once it shows that it is connected restart the ATA. As soon as it shows that it is connected try calling the ATA from a PSTN phone (if you can) or cell phone (outside of your network!).
Any luck?
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby ancnfamily » 02/21/2012

dibsmft wrote:I seems like the ATA is not correctly getting your external address or that your port forwarding is not working or other devices on your network are grabbing the ports. I gather thay you have forwarded all of the required ports.
As a test, make sure that the ATA is the only device attached to your router in any way including wifi, power down the ATA and then the router. Wait about a minute and then restart the router and once it shows that it is connected restart the ATA. As soon as it shows that it is connected try calling the ATA from a PSTN phone (if you can) or cell phone (outside of your network!).
Any luck?

It is now working like a charm now. Called Fongo and they basically told me that what they can see on their servers is that my router is blocking certain ports. When i did a port scan, I can se those same ports open, so it looked like ports were open 1-way. Did a factory reset on my TP-link TL-WR1043ND router, re-configured router ( but this time around I did not specify any ports) plugged in ATA adapter and it works like a charm.
ancnfamily
Just Passing Thru

Postby dibsmft » 02/22/2012

OK, so the problems that you were having were router and/or port related. As long as things keep working and the ATA stay on line you should be OK for a while. If you add devices to the network or restart the ATA you may find the problems come back (as I have seen in many other cases). If you get problems you will need at a minimum to run STUN on the ATA but better give all devices (where possible) fixed internal IP addresses and forward the required ports to the ATA's two SIP ports. Enjoy!
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby muzak10 » 02/27/2012

Just bought a Linksys from Dell has firmware version 3.1.15(LS) did a factory reset and tried several times to update to v5.1.6 but I am unable to. I have downloaded and unzipped the upgrade file, but I am unable to completely enter my ATA IP address in the section marked ..Please enter IP address of your SPA: My IP address is XXX.XXX.1.64 but I am only able to enter XXX.XXX.1 it does not automatically allow me to enter the 64, but if I manually click over to the last part and enter 64 it right away says ..Upgrade failed : No response from SPA. I have verfied the IP address by ****110# and also from my browser I can access my ATA admin area no problem. Also in the upgrade file section marked ..Please enter IP address of your SPA: just below the IP entery box it shows my IP address as XXX.XXX.0.102, i have tried this as well still ..Upgrade failed : No response from SPA. Please help as I have also checked under the provisiong section of the ATA for firmware upgrade ...Yes is selected. Other than not being able to upgrade to v5.1.6 I am able to setup the ATA following the instructions provided here in this forum and all works good except sometimes callers get RNA and my phones do not ring yet at the same time I am able to draw dial tone and dial out.
muzak10
Just Passing Thru

Firmware Version: 3.1.15(LS)
ISP Name: TELUS, DSL
Computer OS: Windows Vista Home Basic
Router: 2Wire Gateway 2700HG-E

Postby dibsmft » 02/27/2012

You do not say what modem/router you are using or who you use for ISP. Although the firmware that you have is a bit old it presumably works OK (its been around a while and it very common in available PAP2Ts) so concentrate of getting the PAP2 to work correctly before you risk trying to upgrade. (I have a SPA3102, a relative of the PAP2 that has 3.2.6 firmware that has worked and still works for years.) The problems that you are having are most likely connected with the configuration of you router rather than the PAP2 itself. If you modem has a built in router with an ethernet connection the try plugging the PAP2 directly into that as see how it works. It seems that upgrading the PAP2 is not without problems
eg. http://brainwreckedtech.wordpress.com/2 ... t-windows/
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby muzak10 » 02/27/2012

Thanks dibsmft for your info, I have plugged the PAP2 directly into the router (modem builtin) and also have tried upgrading from my laptop running windows7 and from my desktop running windows vista still fails to upgrade ..Upgrade failed : No response from SPA. I will check settings on the router to reslove the intrmitent ring no answer issues but please provide any further suggestions
muzak10
Just Passing Thru

Postby dibsmft » 02/27/2012

I assume that you have followed update instructions similar to these
http://blog.2talk.co.nz/pap2t.html
Are you using the correct IP address ...., behind the router I would expect it to be something like 192.168.1.2 if the usual internal number series is being used. You PC needs to find the address on the local network if you have saved the file. As, I suggested, I would not bother about updating at this stage.
I suppose you could try running STUN and see if that helps. It seems that the router in the modem/(router) is a possibly the source of the problem What model of modem and router are you using?
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby VoipDiy » 02/27/2012

I would like to suggest those having trouble getting their PAP2T-NA to work with Dell Voice Fongo service view the following blog articles explaining in detail how to configure the PAP2T with the Fongo SIP servers.
http://voipdiy.blogspot.com/2012/02/dell-voice-diy-byod-using-pap2t-voip.html

It clearly explains what SIP and RTP ports work on the PAP2T, as well as choice of Codecs and Port Forwarding/Triggering through your router.

I have never had to put any of my VoIP devices in DMZ in order to get them to work. As long as you can get your router to correctly Port Forward or Port Trigger (Triggering is my preference), then VoIP devices should function ok behind router.
Jeff - voipdiy
VoipDiy
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA2102,SPA504,SPA508,3CXPhone
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Cisco E3000, EA6500

Postby muzak10 » 03/01/2012

I was able to finally upgrade the firmware to v5.1.6 by doing the following, 1. plug the PAP2T directly into my DSL router with the builtin modem, 2. Turn off windows firewall, 3. Had to use a laptop running windows XP (did not work with one running windows 7) to upload the upgrade file to the PAPT2. Now things are running great so far. Thanks for your help dibsmft. One other issue..I just entered an Admin and a User password and after I entered save, now each time I try to access the PAP2T it wants a user Name and password. I never supplied a user name when I set the passwords. I have tried Admin and user these do not work, do you know what the default user name maybe, I do not want to start from a factory reset all over again as things are working good please provide any help.
muzak10
Just Passing Thru

PreviousNext

Return to Device Configuration Sharing