Linksys PAP2T-NA

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Re: Linksys PAP2T-NA

Postby dibsmft » 03/01/2012

According to the SPA user guide the User is "user" and for Administrator is "admin" (case sensitive), and cannot be changed so that was why you were not asked to give a new user name.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Postby muzak10 » 03/01/2012

I am able to log back into my PAP2T now (with password activated), I found out that first you have to log in as user and the user name is user (lower case) and supply the password once your in then you use the Admin Login and the user name is admin (lower case) and supply the password. Previously I was trying to login as admin right of the bat. Once again thanks so much for your prompt response dibsmft keep up the good work.
muzak10
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: 3.1.15(LS)
ISP Name: TELUS, DSL
Computer OS: Windows Vista Home Basic
Router: 2Wire Gateway 2700HG-E

Postby dibsmft » 03/02/2012

To log in to the PAP2 directly to the advanced voice configuration you use something like
http://192.168.2.8[:webaccessportifchanged]/admin/voice/advanced
which should take you to the password entry screen.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby bbqanda » 03/22/2012

Hi there, I am able to dali in/out after config.
But after few calls or few hours the line became not useable.

I got five short "Di" then long continuing "Di" sound when I try to use the line.

Check from web interface the Line 1 Status:
Message Waiting: Yes

What this means and how to fix it?

Thank you for your help.
bbqanda
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA 112
Firmware Version: 1.1.0
ISP Name: Acanac DSL
Computer OS: Windows 7 64bit
Router: pfSense 2

Postby Jake » 03/22/2012

bbqanda wrote:Hi there, I am able to dali in/out after config.
But after few calls or few hours the line became not useable.

I got five short "Di" then long continuing "Di" sound when I try to use the line.

Check from web interface the Line 1 Status:
Message Waiting: Yes

What this means and how to fix it?

Thank you for your help.

It probably means you have a voicemail message. Dial *98 from the phone and see if there is a message waiting for you.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby bbqanda » 03/23/2012

Thank for your reply.

Delete 2 voicemail message.
The "Di' Sound still there, hope it can go away soon.

Test out I can dail in/out now.

Much appreciate.
bbqanda
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA 112
Firmware Version: 1.1.0
ISP Name: Acanac DSL
Computer OS: Windows 7 64bit
Router: pfSense 2

Postby ellesmeer » 03/28/2012

Dial out conversation always terminated after 30 seconds

Receiving conversation is without any problem. I have tried to dial to my cellular phone and another land line. All of conversation were terminated automatically. I set up strictly following this instructions. Factory resetting was also tried. this was not helpful.

Your any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
ellesmeer
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys ATA
Firmware Version: 3.17
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Linksys E4200

Postby dibsmft » 03/29/2012

This moght be caused by your router or ATA and can relate to several problems. First thing to try is the NAT keep alive in the ATA which you can set to 20 seconds and turn it on. See it that helps.

If that fails try turning OFF the SipAlg service in your router. (Suppose to help voip service but often does not :) ) Test again
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby ellesmeer » 03/29/2012

dibsmft wrote:This moght be caused by your router or ATA and can relate to several problems. First thing to try is the NAT keep alive in the ATA which you can set to 20 seconds and turn it on. See it that helps.

If that fails try turning OFF the SipAlg service in your router. (Suppose to help voip service but often does not :) ) Test again

Thank you for your information. The problem has been solved by swap of DSL modem. Originally, Netgear DGN-3000 DSL modem was used. Now I am using Camatel NetVitro 5300 DSL Modem (set bridge model and DHCP off.), Canaac ISP and Linksys E-4200 router (tomato v1.28).

What I did not understand is my iTallBB PAP2T worked well with Netgear DGN modem, while PAP2 did not.
ellesmeer
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys ATA
Firmware Version: 3.17
ISP Name: Acanac
Router: Linksys E4200

Postby dibsmft » 03/29/2012

The iTalK(?)BB PAP2T was probably preconfigured for iTalk while the PAP 2 was configured (or not) in some other way. I guess we will never know where the problem was. I am glad that you now have a working system ... have fun with it.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby exhaust » 05/01/2012

I just tried faxing out by connecting Windows 7 pc to phone cable which connects to line 1 on Linksys PAP2T-NA. I can hear fax tone continuously but it ends up in busy line. Anyone have any luck faxing out? Also any way to fax straight to the ip address of the Linksys PAP2T-NA bypassing the phone cable? That would be real sweet :)
exhaust
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
ISP Name: Shaw Cable
Router: Linksys WRT54GL

Postby sattyverma » 05/20/2012

Hello Everyone,

I have a Linksys PAP2T from Canada Computers(If you don't already own one, get it from Fongo to get support, if needed) and D-Link DI-624 (old but still works for me). I struggled and finally found my way get this thing working. Here is what worked for me:

Did a factory reset. **** and then 73738, press1 to confirm
Disabled DHCP and assigned a Static IP.
Entered Gateway and Subnet Mask of router
Entered Primary and Secondary DNS (These are from my ISP. I got this information from router)
Entered the information provided in configuration file and re-checked everything from configuration setting file (PDF) in this forum.

Now going back to Router:

Disabled Demilitarized Zone (DMZ)
DHCP is already enabled on router, however,DI-624 has a way to assign Static IP to one or more devices. Static DHCP is used to allow DHCP server to assign same IP address to specific MAC address.
Got the MAC address of PAP2T **** option 140 and reconfirmed from router.
Assigned in DI-624 the Static IP of PAP2T using its MAC Address.

Opened Ports 5060,5061, 6060and 6061 in Virtual Server Tab under Advanced in DI-624 (Assign a name, use IP Address of PAP2T, Protocol Type both, Public Port and Private Port 5060, Schedule always and apply) Thus I had to create 4 different virtual Server Rules for 5060,5061,6060 and 6061 since DI-624 allows one entry per port under virtual server.

I also learnt that UDP ports 10000-20000 should also be open for PAP2T to work with Freephoneline.ca

I achieved that by creating a Firewall Rule which is again under advanced Tab of DI-624. I had to use firewall rule because I wasn't able to open a range of ports under Virtual Server. Give a name to Rule, Action-Allow, Source WAN, IP Range Start(Enter an * here), IP Range End (keep it blank), Destination LAN, IP Range Start (Use the Static IP of PAP2T here), IP Range End (leave it blank), Protocol UDP,Port Range 10000-20000, schedule Always.

In the same manner, opened UP 69 and 53 as well. Since I believe in overkill, created firewall rules to open ports 5060,5061,6060 and 6061 here as well for the PAP2T IP

Now comes the test. Checked in PAP2T online settings. Time displayed is correct and Registration State is Online.
But as they the proof of pudding is in its eating. Called phone from mobile - works fine , called mobile from phone - works fine.
WoW! my phone is working finally.

Happiness was short lived though. after 10 minutes, phone was not receiving any incoming calls.
Changed Ring Waveform from Sinusoid to Trapezoid and problem solved. No, wait a minute it worked for 10 minutes again and then incoming calls blocked again - changed back to sinusoid and works fine for 10 minutes.

So, I still have to figure out what's happening.

I hoe the details are useful to someone here. Also need help to fix this incoming call problem. Pls help if you have faced this problem before.

Thanks
sattyverma
Just Passing Thru

Postby jay632 » 06/12/2012

I had problems with echoing. I didn't notice, my friend on the other end said he hears his own echo and it was strange.... So I decrease the output gain to -6. Got this from searching the web.

FXS Port Input Gain: -3 (note this is the default value: turn up or down in increments of three [e.g. ...,-9, -6, -3, 0, 3, 6, 9,...]; increase if the other person can't hear you well, decrease if you hear your own echo)
FXS Port Output Gain: -3 (note this is the default value: turn up or down in increments of three [e.g. ...,-9, -6, -3, 0, 3, 6, 9,...]; increase if you can't hear the other person well, decrease if the other person reports hearing their own echo)
jay632
Just Passing Thru

Postby bilaliz » 07/01/2012

would it be possible for anyone to post the settings to send a fax? i know you can receive fax via email, I did try sending a fax from my printer, first time it went just fine, after that it has been problematic and disconnects after 2-3 pages, the other side says the have received a blank page :S
bilaliz
Just Passing Thru

Re: Linksys PAP2T

Postby vladshab13 » 07/14/2012

I have a problem with extention numbers. When I call to automatic voice system and need to choose one option (press the number) it does not work. How to fix this problem?
Thanks.
vladshab13
Just Passing Thru

Firmware Version: 3.1.15

Postby dibsmft » 07/14/2012

You will have to experiment with the available DTMF methods in order to discover which one will work. This is an area where other users have had problems eg.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/569252

The default is often InBand but you may need to use RFC2833 but Auto+SIPInfo (called INFO on the PAP2 I think) should work OK.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Now i fixed it using xml provision file from this topic: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1243
vladshab13
Just Passing Thru

vladshab13
Just Passing Thru

Postby sattyverma » 07/23/2012

sattyverma wrote:Hello Everyone,

I have a Linksys PAP2T from Canada Computers(If you don't already own one, get it from Fongo to get support, if needed) and D-Link DI-624 (old but still works for me). I struggled and finally found my way get this thing working. Here is what worked for me:

Did a factory reset. **** and then 73738, press1 to confirm
Disabled DHCP and assigned a Static IP.
Entered Gateway and Subnet Mask of router
Entered Primary and Secondary DNS (These are from my ISP. I got this information from router)
Entered the information provided in configuration file and re-checked everything from configuration setting file (PDF) in this forum.

Now going back to Router:

Disabled Demilitarized Zone (DMZ)
DHCP is already enabled on router, however,DI-624 has a way to assign Static IP to one or more devices. Static DHCP is used to allow DHCP server to assign same IP address to specific MAC address.
Got the MAC address of PAP2T **** option 140 and reconfirmed from router.
Assigned in DI-624 the Static IP of PAP2T using its MAC Address.

Opened Ports 5060,5061, 6060and 6061 in Virtual Server Tab under Advanced in DI-624 (Assign a name, use IP Address of PAP2T, Protocol Type both, Public Port and Private Port 5060, Schedule always and apply) Thus I had to create 4 different virtual Server Rules for 5060,5061,6060 and 6061 since DI-624 allows one entry per port under virtual server.

I also learnt that UDP ports 10000-20000 should also be open for PAP2T to work with Freephoneline.ca

I achieved that by creating a Firewall Rule which is again under advanced Tab of DI-624. I had to use firewall rule because I wasn't able to open a range of ports under Virtual Server. Give a name to Rule, Action-Allow, Source WAN, IP Range Start(Enter an * here), IP Range End (keep it blank), Destination LAN, IP Range Start (Use the Static IP of PAP2T here), IP Range End (leave it blank), Protocol UDP,Port Range 10000-20000, schedule Always.

In the same manner, opened UP 69 and 53 as well. Since I believe in overkill, created firewall rules to open ports 5060,5061,6060 and 6061 here as well for the PAP2T IP

Now comes the test. Checked in PAP2T online settings. Time displayed is correct and Registration State is Online.
But as they the proof of pudding is in its eating. Called phone from mobile - works fine , called mobile from phone - works fine.
WoW! my phone is working finally.

Happiness was short lived though. after 10 minutes, phone was not receiving any incoming calls.
Changed Ring Waveform from Sinusoid to Trapezoid and problem solved. No, wait a minute it worked for 10 minutes again and then incoming calls blocked again - changed back to sinusoid and works fine for 10 minutes.

So, I still have to figure out what's happening.

I hoe the details are useful to someone here. Also need help to fix this incoming call problem. Pls help if you have faced this problem before.

Thanks

Figured it out finally. Under NAT settings on Line1 tab NAT Mapping Enable="yes" and NAT Keep Alive Enable ="yes" fixed the problem Now my phone is working and it is over a month.
sattyverma
Just Passing Thru

Postby diegog » 07/27/2012

I'm experiencing the same problems. Talked to support and asked me to open the ports you mentioned and the problem persists.
Please Help!!!
diegog
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: HT701
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Win 7

Postby dibsmft » 07/27/2012

Did you do the NAT Mapping Enable="yes" and NAT Keep Alive Enable ="yes"?
If thet does not work then run STUN (stun.ekiga.net or stun.callwithus.com) as well
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby seagame2001 » 07/28/2012

diegog wrote:I'm experiencing the same problems. Talked to support and asked me to open the ports you mentioned and the problem persists.
Please Help!!!

Put your Linksy PAP2T on DMZ mode or open the port for it

Another easy solution just get a router that you can use DD-WRT firmware

I have D-link and Linksys both are working fine without open port

Just plug and play for me.
seagame2001
Tried and True

Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Postby rdx » 09/04/2012

Hi, Steve,

I just configured the PAP2T according to the instructions from your attached PDF file. However, I notice it is working fine one day but the conversation could be choppy the next day. I recently switched to Acanac cable and I notice the upload speed is always less than 0.5M. Is that the problem ? If so, is there anything I can do to have a more stable voice quality? e.g. change in configuration. Pleasea advise.

Thanks

FONGO_steve wrote:Attached is a document to walk you through configuring the Linksys PAP2T-NA ATA device.
Please note that these settings are relevant for most Linksys ATAs because they all use nearly identical settings in the Line configuration tab.

Document last updated: Feb. 24 2010
rdx
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Computer OS: XP Pro
Router: Netgear WNR2000

Postby dibsmft » 09/04/2012

The SMCD3GN seems to give people a moderate amount of problems (eg. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r237523 ... VOIP-modem).
One simple thing, if you are using a power bar try pluging the SMCD3GN and ATA directly into the wall rather that the power bar as there have been reports that this makes a difference (I doubt if that will help but you never know. Try turning off SIPALG in the router and DMZ and forward the required ports to the ATA. (also configure the ATA to use those ports). If that does not work try running STUN (stun.ekiga.net) , turn "NAT Mapping Enable" on and "NAT Keep Alive Enable".
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby kevinzhang » 10/03/2012

Thank you for your posting! I got a problem, need your help. My phone's answeing service only works on Ring time is 2 second, if I change to 4 or 6 second, it doesn't work. Is somewhere need to set up on my linksys pap2t-NA?

Thanks!
kevinzhang
One Hit Wonder

PreviousNext

Return to Device Configuration Sharing