Linksys SPA 2102

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Re: Linksys SPA 2102

Postby dibsmft » 03/10/2012

Assigning (and forwarding) ports 5061 and 5062 to ports 1 and 2 of the ATA (and do NOT forward 5060 to anything) that should solve your problem.
Your two lines should then be independently addressable and it will be possible to call them directly from SIP if you wish to do so (portusername@externalIPaddress:portnumber).
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Postby falcon_1898 » 03/19/2012

I am having problems with inbound calls. My setup is as follows:

Cable modem (ISP: Acanac) -> Router (Dlink EBR2310) -> ATA (SPA2102)

I followed all the recommended settings, and I would not get inbound calls. The party calling me would hear ringing, but I would not.

I have the ATA on a static IP, and have forwarded ports 5060-5070, 16384-16482 (and tried setting the RTP to 13000-13001, along with forwarding as well).

Outbound calls are problem free. Inbound would only work very seldom.

I tried connecting the ATA directly to the modem as well, and the same thing happens. Is there some setting that I am missing or is the ISP blocking certain ports, or do I just have a malfunctioning ATA?

By the way, my phone is quite far away from the ATA...could it also be possible that the ring-signal is losing too much voltage through the lines? (I use a CAT5e cable for the RJ11 connection to the phone).

Any help would be much appreciated!
falcon_1898
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA2102
Firmware Version: 3.3.6
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: D-Link EBR-2310

Postby dibsmft » 03/19/2012

You have forwarded ports to the ATA but have you also entered the values into the ATA configuration .. especially the range for the RTP ports. What IP does the ATA show for the external connection? I have two ATAs and both seem to have no problems with powering 2 traditional phones on quite long distances from the ATA.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

dibsmft wrote:You have forwarded ports to the ATA but have you also entered the values into the ATA configuration .. especially the range for the RTP ports. What IP does the ATA show for the external connection? I have two ATAs and both seem to have no problems with powering 2 traditional phones on quite long distances from the ATA.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I have tried both recommended ranges on the ATA (16384-16482 and 13000-13001). Doesn't seem to make a difference.

I just called my number again without any change of configuration, and now it rings....almost as if sometimes it would get a signal but most of the time, the box is just too lazy to ring?
falcon_1898
Just Passing Thru

Postby dibsmft » 03/19/2012

Use 16384-16482 UDP. Make sure that in the"Protocol Parameters" you have "RTP Port Min"=16384 and "RTP Port Max"=16482 and be sure that they are forwarded from the router to the ATA IP address.

If none of that helps try running STUN
In the "NAT Support" area change "STUN enable" to Yes and "STUN Server" to "stun.voxgratia.org" or "stun.counterpath.com" and restart the ATA
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Thank you very much for your advice on STUN. I am a novice at this VoIP thing and had no clue what it is.
I have originally set port forwarding for both TCP and UDP packets. Now that I am forwarding only UDP, it ringed again. Hopefully this is the issue.
If the problem persists, I'll try running STUN.

*EDIT*
It happened again! The darned thing just won't ring.

I finally used the STUN settings, and now it seems to be working fine! :D
Thanks a lot for your kind help.
falcon_1898
Just Passing Thru

Postby indijones » 04/13/2012

I'm having a strange & annoying issue with some incoming calls (not all) since I switched to Dell Voice in February. Some people are telling me that they called me a few times but the phone never rang! When I check the call logs in my online account, it shows that they called with call duration of only 10 to 15 sec and "no response from user". I have the exact setting of my SPA2102 that was sent to me by fongo. This is a very serious issue & I've contacted tech support who said that they would look into my system (I don't how) & resolve it. It's been almost a week but seems like nothing has been done about it. I would appreciate a response from the tech support on this forum. Thanks!
indijones
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA2102
ISP Name: Bell Fibe 16
Computer OS: Vista 64 bit
Router: 2Wire

Postby dibsmft » 04/13/2012

indijones

Try using the same settings as falcon_1898 above and run STUN. The Sipuras (SPA) seem to need STUN to get the external IP address under some circumstances (even when the configuration appears OK otherwise).
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby indijones » 04/13/2012

Thanks dibsmft! Do I need to set RTP & UDP as falcon did? If so, where will I find them? In the SIP setting, SIP Port is set at 5060 & SIP Transport is set at UDP, but can't find any setting for the range of UDP or RTP. Are these settings really important or should I just add the STUN setting? Thanks again!
indijones
Just Passing Thru

Postby dibsmft » 04/13/2012

:) You should only need to forward UDP ports. If it like my 3102 it should say RTP Port Min and RTP Port Max. On the Protocol Parametrs part of the setup pages.

Without knowing more about your setup it is hard to tell what is important. :) I depends partly on what type of NAT you have .... full cone or otherwise.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby indijones » 04/15/2012

Thanks dibsmft! I have set up STUN as you instructed. But I wouldn't know for sure if it's working until I get complaints from the callers since some of the calls (not all) are missed. I have checked the SIP settings and found the followings by default:

SIP Parameters:
SIP TCP Port Min: 5060; SIP TCP Port Max: 5080
RTP Parameters:
RTP Port Min: 16384; RTP Port Max: 16482

NAT Support Parameters (as per your instruction):
STUN Enable: Yes; STUN Test Enable: No (default)
STUN Server: stun.voxgratia.org
These are the default NAT settings which I haven't changed:
Handle VIA received: No; Handle VIA rport: No
Insert VIA received: No; Insert VIA rport: No
Substitute VIA Addr: No; Send Resp To Src Port: No
NAT Keep Alive Intvl: 15

In the Line 1 setting (Dell Voice), I have the following NAT parameters by default:

NAT Settings:
NAT Mapping Enable: No; NAT Keep Alive Enable: No
NAT Keep Alive Msg: $NOTIFY; NAT Keep Alive Dest: $PROXY

Do I need to change these settings to "Yes"?

Thanks again!
indijones
Just Passing Thru

Postby dibsmft » 04/15/2012

I have not purchased the configuration settings from DellVoice as there is not much service here and no local DIDs so that's why I suggested that you do what the other users did to get their similar devices working. The NAT Support Parameters look OK. In the NAT Settings I would probably turn the NAT keep alive on but you need not do so unless you have problems with the phone not work after a while.

The SIP Parameters are OK (they are not the ones that I would choose by default) as long as Fongo supports SIP by TCP which is seems that they do as your phone seems to be working. You will need to have forwarded those ports from the router to the ATA IP address. You might want to check which ports the device uses when it makes calls by checking the status page.

The test is does the system work OK and keep working reliably over the long term. :)
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Postby indijones » 04/15/2012

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate the explanation.

***UPDATE***

Still having the problem of missing calls. I went out & called from my cell but the phone didn't ring until the 3rd try even though I heard the phone ring through my cell & each time the call went to voice mail. A relative called me a couple of hrs later from the US, the phone didn't ring but she left a voice mail. I'm really getting pissed off with Dell Voice. Before switching to them, my phone was with another voip provider for 3 yrs with the same ata & never had any such issues. :evil:
indijones
Just Passing Thru

Postby runeash » 07/05/2013

Hi Team, just configured the VOIP unlock key and it worked like a charm. The only issue is that my unlocked SPA2102 now is prompting for user/password to enter admin mode. Does anybody know if that is standard part of the voip.freephoneline.ca provisioning process or any way to get the password
runeash
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: spa2102

Postby pocok » 03/28/2014

Need help with SPA 2102
My phone number is :(587) 882-XXXX and cant' phone any one with 587 or 780 area codes- others area codes are fine- same with my soft phone aps!
"your account balance is not sufficient "
When I pickup my phone to call I hear about 6 beeps before start dialing, after dialed the number I'm not hearing ringing,nor voice.
pocok
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Rogers 10MBps
Computer OS: XP

Previous

Return to Device Configuration Sharing