Linksys SPA 2102

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Re: Linksys SPA 2102

Postby c93213 » 11/21/2010

the one way audio was fixed by setting Preferred Codec: g729a and in the sip tab RTP-Start-Loopback Codec: to g729a. don't know why but it worked after that. i have stun enable stun01.sipphone.com:3478 and it works without it also, but it doesn't hurt to add it just in case you have issues authenticating. all the ports are UDP, if they are opened properly you should be good.
c93213
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA2102
ISP Name: 3WEB
Computer OS: UBUNTU
Router: Linksys Tomato firmware

Postby jima » 01/02/2011

I just signed up with Freephoneline and ordered a Linksys SPA 2102, which I received on Friday. I am trying to configure the APA, and think I have entered all Freephone parameters from the config file, via the web page. However I cannot get a dial tone. I have tried powering everything down and connecting/powering up in the order specified in the instructions. I still cannot get a dial tone (just a faint hissing when I pick up the receiver). I believe that the "line 1" light on the APA is supposed to light green when the phone line is plugged in, but this does not happen. NOTE: I can use the phone with the "interactive voice response menu" to query and set ATA parameters.

Any ideas? I'm beginning to think I have a dud ATA.
jima
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA2102
Firmware Version: 3.3.6
ISP Name: Xplornet wireless
Computer OS: Mac OSX 10.6.5
Router: Apple Airport Express

Postby jima » 01/02/2011

I discovered some settings (from the zip fileat the beginning of this thread) that I hadn't applied, and now I have a dial tone. However, when I place a local call, I do not hear ringing at the other end, and no answer. After about 30 seconds I get a fast busy signal.

I am able to make calls using the softphone.

Any ideas?
jima
Just Passing Thru

Postby jima » 01/02/2011

while checking the ATA settings this afternoon, I noticed that on the "info" page the "Line 1 Status", "Registration State" shows as "Failed". It seems to retry periodically but always comes back with "Failed".

NOTE: I am not using my Airport Express router during this configuration process, to eliminate it as a source of problems.
jima
Just Passing Thru

Postby laurent » 01/02/2011

Is your ATA receiving its IP address automatically (by DHCP) or manually? A mistake I made when installing my PAP2 is that I set a fixed IP to the unit, but manually (not by a DHCP reservation). Because of that, I forgot to set the gateway address, which resulted in the ATA being unable to reach the internet at all...
laurent
*Go-To Guy*

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-502
Firmware Version: 1.0.1.63
ISP Name: DSL TekSavvy
Computer OS: OSX Snow Leopard
Router: Linksys WRT54GL w/tomato

Postby jima » 01/03/2011

I am using DHCP, and am using the "Lindsys SPA Configuration" web site to configure the ATA, so that part is working.
jima
Just Passing Thru

Postby nakuls » 01/24/2011

Here is my take for this device:
I purchased this today because my previous purchase (PAP2-NA *notice no T in the model*) from ebay was a bummer. i believe in the other thread users experiencing problems with PAP2T-NA is because they are using fake ones (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1392233) shipped from hong kong(which are PAP2-NA). they created problems such as DTMF tones not detected at the receiving side and lots of time no voice either. so i purchased this unlocked device (not ebay :D , canadacomputers this time) and had problems even opening the web utility out of the box. following steps should help out everyone.

1) the internet cable should go in "Internet" port, "Ethernet" port is used if your device is before router (so its modem -> spa2102 -> router). so you connect cable from "Ethernet" port to WAN port of your router. in my case i use it after router, so we have to turn off its router mode. connect phone to it and dial ****->201#1#1 . this switches it to bridge mode.
2) then have to enable the web based utility (it was turned off by default!!!!!). dial ****->7932#1#1.
3) now you should be able to open web based utility (****->110#).
4) if you cannot i suggest you do factory reset on device (****->73738#1#1) (Not recommended if your device is locked, mine is unlocked so i cannot say what will happen to your device) and perform steps mentioned above.
5) certain settings are not mentioned in the images attached for which i had to go to PAP2T-NA thread and copy from there which include:
dial plan - (911|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xxxxxxxxxxxx.|98*|[6-7]x*xxxxxxxxxxx.)
user ID - your freephoneline number

the dialing codes used above are available here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_i ... _quick.pdf

My questions:
- After updating firmware to 5.2.12, there are extra settings for codec. my first preferred codec is set to G729a. what choices should i make for for 2nd and 3rd preferred codec?
- Can i use line 2 on the device for fax? if yes, what settings should be changed.
- i opened up ports and applied QoS settings on them (D-link DIR-625, screen-shots attached), I had problems mentioned above with PAP2-NA even with these settings, I'm yet to test them out with spa2102 but feedback would be great if current settings should help or not.
Attachments
qos.PNG
QoS
forwarding.PNG
ports forwarding on DIR-625
nakuls
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA 2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.12
ISP Name: Primus DSL
Computer OS: Windows 7 x64
Router: DIR-625 and RT-N16 (bridged)

Postby laurent » 01/24/2011

nakuls wrote:- After updating firmware to 5.2.12, there are extra settings for codec. my first preferred codec is set to G729a. what choices should i make for for 2nd and 3rd preferred codec?

Second should be G711u (uLaw). No real choice for third. You can also put 711 in first if you want higher voice quality, at the cost of more bandwidth.

nakuls wrote:- Can i use line 2 on the device for fax? if yes, what settings should be changed.

Fax are unsupported, but few people had limited success by using a codec with high voice quality (G711u / uLaw) and then also setting the FAX to operate at its lowest speed possible mode (some FAX call that function "Oversea" or "Long distances mode" or sometihng)

nakuls wrote:- i opened up ports and applied QoS settings on them (D-link DIR-625, screen-shots attached), I had problems mentioned above with PAP2-NA even with these settings, I'm yet to test them out with spa2102 but feedback would be great if current settings should help or not.

Your port ranges are going to make QoS reject the traffic. Port 5060, for example, is only used on one end, not necessarily the other. What you can do to help catch traffic is add one broad QoS rule for the IP address of "voip.freephonline.ca" for all ports in UDP.
laurent
*Go-To Guy*

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-502
Firmware Version: 1.0.1.63
ISP Name: DSL TekSavvy
Computer OS: OSX Snow Leopard
Router: Linksys WRT54GL w/tomato

Postby southnam » 02/17/2011

Hi i ported my home number over this week and set up my phones to work throughout the house by plugging the my ata sp2102 into the phone jack. All phones work but the quality is a bit fuzzy. It's not 100% clear, it's audible and okay but not as clear as I was with my rogers home phoen which I cancelled for this. Anyhelp. I haven't made any changes aside from those sent to me in my SIP Config from fpl
southnam
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys 2102
ISP Name: Rogers, Cable
Computer OS: xp

Postby Funkytown » 02/18/2011

southnam wrote:Hi i ported my home number over this week and set up my phones to work throughout the house by plugging the my ata sp2102 into the phone jack. All phones work but the quality is a bit fuzzy. It's not 100% clear, it's audible and okay but not as clear as I was with my rogers home phoen which I cancelled for this. Anyhelp. I haven't made any changes aside from those sent to me in my SIP Config from fpl

did this happen before you wired your house?
Funkytown
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Postby southnam » 02/19/2011

do you mean was it fuzzy when I was plugged directly into the spa2102? I will switch it back and get back to you.
southnam
Just Passing Thru

Postby Funkytown » 02/19/2011

southnam wrote:do you mean was it fuzzy when I was plugged directly into the spa2102? I will switch it back and get back to you.

yup no problem
Funkytown
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Postby southnam » 04/13/2011

Fuzzy is gone now.
New question though. I was previously on cable internet so my phone jacks were all free so I plugged the ATA into a jack and all other jacks in my house worked.
I just switched to DSL and they ran a new phone line to my living room to put my moden/router on the main floor. Only problem is that there is no phone jack in the area for me to plug my spa2102 into so that I can make all the other jacks in my house active on my voip. It's just the way the dumb wiring is in my house that there is no phone jack in the living room. No the only option is to run a long ethernet cable from main floor router to basement or upstairs where I can find another phone jack.
But I was wondering is it possible to buy a device or router that will allow me to wirelessly connect my SPA2102. ie plug my 2102 into this device to get an internet signal.

Thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
southnam
Just Passing Thru

Postby bridonca » 04/13/2011

It seems what you are looking for is a wireless bridge/repeater. Any router that can be flashed with a free, 3rd party, open source firmware like DD-WRT would make an ideal wireless repeater. You do not have to pay much either, you can easily get candidates from the Salvation Army or Kijiji for $10 to $20.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby Martin » 05/29/2011

Where is this "Attachments" ??????
Linksys SPA 2102.zip
(952.44 KiB) Downloaded 2237 times
Martin
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Mediatrix 4102S
ISP Name: Bell FibeGigabit 940/100 on FTTH
Computer OS: MacBook Pro OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite
Router: Sagemcom F@st5850 HH2000
Smartphone Model: iPhone 6
iOS Version: iOS 9.0.2

Postby Mr.Oso » 06/21/2011

For the life of me i can't seem to get my linksys spa 2102 to make outgoing calls. I can received calls no problem but outgoing calls cannot be made i get a fast busy signal, I've Google an have tried just about everything i can think off, and have come out empty handed, The device an its current state is set with a static ip address the ip address is set on the dmz and port forwarding is also on ports 5060 to 6061 udp and udp 10000 to 20000, the string am using is >(911|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xxxxxxxxxxxx.|98*|[6-7]x*xxxxxxxxxxx.) I've disconnected the ata from the router and have connected it directly to the modem and still the results remain, i followed the config posted on here still nothing, I'm beginning to think that, the device is defective, or there's a setting i'm over looking. I know for fact it ain't the router, my iphone works an its connected to the same network with an app which allow one to use any sip account, as a last resort i downgraded the software on the ata from 5.2.12 to version 3.3.6 which is shown on the photos/config guide here on this very thread, it still does not work, if i can't any answers from here a'l just have to order a grand stream preconfigure, I've followed all the instructions to the T and nothing, your help is greatly appreciated.
Mr.Oso
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Linksys Spa 2102
Firmware Version: 3.3.6... 5.2.12
ISP Name: Tekksavy
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Trendnet DDR-WRT

Postby insahnity » 10/04/2011

I picked up an SPA2102, firmware 3.3.6 out of the box. Bridged it to my WRT54GS, static IP and Configured the SIP and got it working pretty quickly.
I had issues with the time, thinking it was a firmware i upgraded to 5.2.12. That's when things went downhill. As people might expect, the flash process buggers things up.

I ended up doing a factory reset, and re-inputting settings, no go. Finally I noticed that the DNS was set to DHCP, but with a static address it seemed that 3.3.6 it could grab the DNS, but with the updated firmware I needed to spell it out.

As for DST rules, the rules as posted many many time, but after I configured pool.ntp.org NTP servers (I use North-america.pool.ntp.org / 1.pool.ntp.org) the time is correct in conjunction with DST rules.

EDIT:
Spoke too soon. Apparently, I forgot to check inbound calls. I tested it with 3.3.6 but not with 5.2.12 (until now), and no inbound calls. NAT Keepalive is set to 15, and ports were opened to no effect (5060-5080 for both TCP/UDP and 10000 to 20000 UDP, also even tried setting the SPA2102 as DMZ). Any suggestions would be great!.

EDIT 2:
Turns out my problem with inbound calls might have been a configuration at Freephoneline side. In Voicemail config it was set to 1 ring, which according to other posts by Freephoneline admins may have actually been set to zero. I set my config to 5 rings, tested on softphone, and then tested on ATA and everything is good to go.
insahnity
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: TekSavvy DSL
Router: WRT54GS v2.0 Stock Firmware

Postby insahnity » 10/06/2011

For all the people asking for new configurations, my advice for SPA2102:
-The information contained within the Freephoneline website ("SIP Settings") is all you really need to change to get it working. Just make sure you find all those changes in the Voice Tab and make the changes.
-What may be more important for people is making sure the Router config is correct. There could be several configuration depending on how your network is set up, so it would be difficult to post pages.
insahnity
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: TekSavvy DSL
Router: WRT54GS v2.0 Stock Firmware

Postby SERGIY KOROLSKY » 11/02/2011

I signed up with Freephoneline and have a Linksys SPA 2102. It worked with Thomson ST516 on my prev. dry loop DSL provider.
I switched on Cable DSL and Linksys SPA 2102 is now after modem Motorola SB5120.
Problem: The LED 'Internet' on Linksys SPA 2102 start to flash NON STOP :(
(kind of communication with SB5120 and traffic I think ) even if I unplug network cable from PC.
When SPA2102 worked with Thomson led was steady.
The difference in configuration on SPA2102 between these DSL providers is only on WAN setup 'Communication type' was PPPOE and now it's DHCP (for Cable DSL).
Firmware 3.3.6. Any help please?
PS. phone works fine.
SERGIY KOROLSKY
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Motorola SB5120
ISP Name: Cable - Teksavvy
Router: Lynksys SPA2102 (3.3.6)

Postby X-Nemesis » 11/13/2011

Just registered SPA2102 and followed these instructions:

If you don't use a router for your internet connection (your computer is connected directly to the modem) then connect the WAN port (blue on SPA2102) to your modem, and the LAN port (yellow on SPA2102) to your computer. disconnected. Then connnect a phone to the Phone 1 port and dial ****7932#0#1 then hang up. Then open a browser and enter the ip address 192.168.0.1 to access the ATA's web interface for the rest of the configuration. Also you will have to reboot your modem (disconnect the power cord and plug it back in).

But when I get to the 192.168.0.1 part, my screen times out.

How do I get this up and running.

I'm on win7 with DMC475 cable modem.
X-Nemesis
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Win 7 64bit

Postby barbarawi » 11/24/2011

HI everyone,

I am having problem with my incoming calls they are going straight to the voice mail.

can someone help on how to solve this. everything else seems to be fine.

thanks.
barbarawi
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: cisco
Firmware Version: linksys
ISP Name: roger
Computer OS: window
Router: spa2102

Postby Jake » 11/24/2011

barbarawi wrote:HI everyone,

I am having problem with my incoming calls they are going straight to the voice mail.

can someone help on how to solve this. everything else seems to be fine.

thanks.

Have the calls ever worked or have they always been going straight to voicemail?

Two solutions that come up with this sort of question are -
1. In the voicemail settings panel when you log into your FPL account https://www.freephoneline.ca/voicemailSettings make sure the 'Rings Before Voicemail' is not set a zero. Some accounts seem to have this as the default. (check the Follow Me settings when you are there also)
2. Make sure that in the ATA the codec is not set just for G729 only. Make sure the ATA can use different codecs if required.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby barbarawi » 11/24/2011

HI everyone,

Linksys spa config user login is not popping out when cliked. I think it locked me out.
is there a way to sign in or access without resetting all the configuration and starting from zero.

any idea?

thanks.
barbarawi
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: cisco
Firmware Version: linksys
ISP Name: roger
Computer OS: window
Router: spa2102

Postby wizard » 11/27/2011

SERGIY KOROLSKY wrote:I signed up with Freephoneline and have a Linksys SPA 2102. It worked with Thomson ST516 on my prev. dry loop DSL provider.
I switched on Cable DSL and Linksys SPA 2102 is now after modem Motorola SB5120.
Problem: The LED 'Internet' on Linksys SPA 2102 start to flash NON STOP :(
(kind of communication with SB5120 and traffic I think ) even if I unplug network cable from PC.
When SPA2102 worked with Thomson led was steady.
The difference in configuration on SPA2102 between these DSL providers is only on WAN setup 'Communication type' was PPPOE and now it's DHCP (for Cable DSL).
Firmware 3.3.6. Any help please?
PS. phone works fine.

I have a similar setup with a SB5101N modem and the internet light on it flickers off every few seconds in sync with the internet light on the SPA2102.(The light is on 99% of the time though.It does not flash like a turn signal.)
wizard
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: softphone
ISP Name: Teksavvy cable lite

Postby vq1 » 01/03/2012

I have a very strange problem. Recently moved out of my parents house (where we have been using FPL happily for quite some time). Naturally, the moment I move out, all hell breaks loose, and the FPL service doesn't work. I have narrowed down the problem -- when a device is not connected (via wireless OR ethernet) to the Bell Sympatico 2Wire modem, then the "Phone1" light on the SPA2102 will go out, and calls cannot be made!

The Power and Internet lights are ALWAYS on, however, the only way to get the "Phone1" light to go solid is to connect a device (ANY device), whether my Blackberry, or an iPod, or a laptop over wireless -- to the Bell 2Wire modem!

Does anyone have any ideas on WHY ON EARTH that Phone1 Light would not go solid when another device is not connected to the modem/router? At first I thought this might be a router issue, but I even tried putting the SPA2102 in the DMZ, and it always manages to get an IP address without issue, and the Internet light on the SPA2102 is always on ... just the Phone1 light will never activate. Does anyone have any ideas on what could cause this?

VQ
vq1
Quiet One

ISP Name: Electronic Box
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: DDWRT

PreviousNext

Return to Device Configuration Sharing