Cisco PAP2T Settings

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

Cisco PAP2T Settings

Postby John12 » 03/23/2013

Currently, I'm using the CISCO PAP2T as my ATA adapter.

Recently, I received an e-mail from FreePhoneLine.ca which had provided me with new settings for setting up my ATA adapter. According to this e-mail, the SIP Server should be set to "voip.freephoneline.ca" and the alternative SIP server should be set to "voip2.freephoneline.ca". According to my understanding, to set the SIP server setting, I would click on the "Line 1" tab and enter the value "voip.freephoneline.ca" in the Proxy box. Is this correct? If not, where do I enter it? Where do I enter the alternative SIP value?

Also, this e-mail had stated the Transport value should be set to "UDP". Where do I set this value?

The e-mail also stated the Port value should be set to "5060". To set the Port value, I would click on the "Line 1" tab and enter the 5060 value in the SIP Port box. Is this correct?

The e-mail states the Registration Interval should be set to 3600 seconds. Where would I enter this value? Do I need to convert this value before entering it?

The e-mail states the Registration Expiry value should be set to 3600 seconds. Where would I enter this value? Do I need to convert this value before entering it?

The e-mail states the Failed Registration Re-Try Interval value should be set to 120 seconds. Where would I enter this value? Do I need to convert this value before entering it?

The e-mail states the STUN/ICE value should be set to Disable. Where would I set this value?

The e-mail states the NAT Mapping Enabled value should be set to Yes. I had clicked on the "Line 1" tab and set the NAT Mapping Enable drop down list to yes. Is this correct?

Do I need to adjust the setting for NAT Traversal? If so, how would I do it and what value do I need to set it to?

The e-mail states the Keep Alive Message value should be set to $NOTIFY or $PING for my ATA device. I had clicked on the "Line 1" tab and entered the value "$NOTIFY" in the NAT Keep Alive Msg box. Is this correct?

The e-mail states the Keep Alive Interval value should be 20 seconds. Where would I set this value? Do I need to convert it before entering it?

The e-mail states the Supported Codecs value should be set to g711-u (uLAW) and g729. I had clicked on the "Line 1" tab and set the drop down list value to "G729a" for the Preferred Codec. Is this correct?

The e-mail states the RTP Packet size should be set to 0.020. Where do I set this value? Do I need to convert this value before entering it?

Thanks.

:P
John12
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: D-Link ADSL Modem Router

Return to Device Configuration Sharing