Unlimited calling/texting to any US or Canadian number?

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Unlimited calling/texting to any US or Canadian number?

Postby mumme » 04/21/2017

Is unlimited calling and texting to any US or Canadian number, a possible feature in the near future? I currently use the TextNow app because this feature is important to me. Would like to switch over to using Fongo (because I can port my current number), but haven't yet because this feature is missing.
mumme
One Hit Wonder

Re: Unlimited calling/texting to any US or Canadian number?

Postby bridonca » 04/21/2017

If I were to guess, I would say Fongo offering unlimited calling/texting to any US or Canadian number is not going to happen anytime soon. I never found it to be that huge a detriment, though, as there are other services that you can use to make free phone calls and texts that Fongo does not service for free.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby Berryere » 07/04/2018

I've used the Fongo mobile app for over a year and I even got rid of my smartphone recently and went with Fongo's home phone service. International calling is very cheap and affordable in contrast to the big companies, namely Bell, Cogeco and Rogers. They ask a lot, about $2-3/min because it is an actual landline and probably just because they can. You can call the U.S. with Fongo mobile or Fongo home phone for 2 cents a minute. Normally I'm highly against paying fees, but when said fees are reasonable, such as 2 cents over 2 dollars, I can accept it.

My two cents.
Berryere
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: TekSavvy DSL
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Smart/RG 515AC

Postby Liptonbrisk » 09/17/2018

Unlimited free calling to any Canadian number within the 10 provinces now exists: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19376.
Incoming texts have always been free.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Suggestions & Feedback