Fongo App: Support True MMS

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Fongo App: Support True MMS

Postby CalgaryBen » 12/24/2018

I would love to see the Fongo App support true MMS send/receive, to/from real cell phones.

Right now messages sent with media from Fongo include a link to the embedded content, which I guess isn't too bad, but when senders attach media content (and text), the Fongo app, on the receiving end, is completely oblivious that anything was event sent! Just imagine the frustration: "Hey, did you see that picture I texted you?" "Huh, what picture? You didn't text me anything!"

A couple competing/similar Apps I tested do support true MMS to/from cell phones, so I'd love to see Fongo get to that level, and then it would be worthy to port my second cell phone number over to Fongo so I can use a single device...
CalgaryBen
Just Passing Thru

Re: Fongo App: Support True MMS

Postby bridonca » 12/24/2018

From my understanding, Fongo can do MMS, it is just that it does not have the peering agreements with telcos to support MMS. I would guess it would cost too much.

A competing app has an arrangement with a US telco which allows them to do MMS with other carriers. I think Fibernetics would have to be a cellular MNVO before you would see that happening, which currently will not happen in the current regulatory environment.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Return to Suggestions & Feedback