On the dialpad truncated problem.

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

On the dialpad truncated problem.

Post by dibsmft »

So far Dell Voice works rather well on my Le Pan II except for the dialpad that is too big for the screen and the fact that the Contacts list cannot be edited. I have experimented a bit with the dialpad and I can occasionally get (I still can't figure the exact key presses needed) a smaller dialpad that works fine but partially covers the advertising. The other thing is that with the dialpad that normally appears it is possible do dial numbers but not send them (a little frustrating!) and if I dial on the dial pad a couple of numbers and then touch them then the full typewriter pad pops up making it easy to dial the desired number but still cannot send it.

What I suggest as possible solutions:
Place a small call button next to the Wifi/Data button or make the Return/Enter key on the keyboard pad send the number (as is the case with some of the Sip voip clients that I have tested.
Making the dialpad smaller will also work but may not be good for users of phones as the keys may be too small for them.
Make the contact list editable so that numbers can be added to the list and calls made using the number form the list (as works for the MS Windows Dell dialer).
Jake
Technical Support

Re: On the dialpad truncated problem.

Post by Jake »

On my phone, and superpad, I could add in new contacts. On the contacts page I hit menu, then it pops up an Add Contact link to press. It also links to your main contacts list, so maybe find somewhere else on your tablet to add in a contact.

I agree with the size of the keypad. I think that really needs looking at. It probably has something to do with low res screens.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Post by dibsmft »

Thanks for your reply. The "Menu Button" on my tablet pulls up a collection of mini screens to select from but under them I was able to find the "Add" and "Delete" links. I own a cell phone that I have for emergencies only and it is years old and certainly not "smart" or touch screen but is a pretty good phone :).
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Post by dibsmft »

Any news on what seems to be an unsolved problem(s) . ....... the too large keypad and poor alignment of the displayed pad and the numbers?