SMS suggestion

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
netyang
Active Poster

SMS suggestion

Post by netyang »

Hi, I know Dell voice cannot support SMS. How about if dell voice can turn received SMS message by TTS to voice-mail audio message? Because if we use Dell Voice on cellphone, another people just think the number is a regular cellphone number, they will send SMS to this number. I guess Dell Voice can receive SMS message, just can't keep it. Some people who use Freephonleine can receive SMS, Dell voice should can.

Thank you for your great app
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: SMS suggestion

Post by FONGO_kris »

TTS is from the sending carrier, if I were to send a text message to my Dell Voice number (or Bell Canada number at home for that matter) my cell would use my carriers (Bell Mobility) 'Text to Landline Service' it provides to relay the message. If the phone is picked up, you will hear the message and have the ability to respond via the alphanumeric (1 - ABC, 2 - DEF etc..) keys on your phone; if you do not answer it, it would leave a voice message.

All of this is completed by and dependant on the sending carrier and not Dell Voice or other receiving carrier at all.

I will also direct you to this post here, a prequil to this post here, both of which are also about SMS connectivity.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
netyang
Active Poster

Re: SMS suggestion

Post by netyang »

Thanks kris