How to keep Fongo Active to receive calls?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
Bohannan
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPhone 4 - Deactivated
Firmware Version: 6.0.1
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: Windows 7

How to keep Fongo Active to receive calls?

Post by Bohannan »

Well, as I explained in the past, this is how I have my Fongo account set up.

I have an iPhone 4, deactivated from Rogers. Does NOT have a SIM card in it. I only have 2 apps on the iphone with NOTHING else. Fongo App and Flashlight App. I have Wifi turned on. Using my home Broadband 50 wireless router. That's my set up.

The issue I'm having is that I find that my Fongo doesn't ring if left inactive for some time. For example: I don't use my Fongo for a day or two. I try to call my Fongo account with my Rogers phone. It doesn't ring. When I open the iPhone 4 to peek, the Fongo App says authentication failed, recycles and then works again. Now my Fongo is ready to use.

My question is, how can I stop this from happening? I am missing phone calls because of this issue.

Any thoughts?
Jake
Technical Support

Re: How to keep Fongo Active to receive calls?

Post by Jake »

Did you allow push notifications? Or if you did, make sure it is still allowed.

I believe it does shut down after a while to save battery, but push notifications will still get through and will wake the app back up again.
Bohannan
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPhone 4 - Deactivated
Firmware Version: 6.0.1
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: Windows 7

Post by Bohannan »

Never thought of that. Thanks Jake!!! Will give it a try.

EDIT: Actually the Push Notification was already on. Go figure. Not worried about saving battery power. My iPhone 4 was always good on battery power. :D

Any other thoughts?
Stan007
One Hit Wonder

Post by Stan007 »

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue. When fongo is on wifi seems to time out in about 3 min. I came across a post that connections to SIP servers might time out anywhere between 180 sec and 3600 sec.

Anybody?

Thanks,
billy
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: galaxy tab 2 10.1
Firmware Version: 2.1.1.6
Computer OS: android 4.1.2

Post by billy »

Trust me I understand what you must have been going through if you made the same mistake of making it your primary number, as I did.

I have the exact same issue on my galaxy tab 2 10.1 and gakaxy note, the app itself stopped receiving calling after 5 10 mins when left idle even though the app icon stay blue and says connected to fongo.

Incomings calls are always reaching voicemail.

This is so furstrating besides mediocre call quality when called non fongo numbers.

I don't know where to file a complaint, as fongo customer service don't care as they have already cashed my credit card.

Please for havens sake, update your app for android and iOS both and resolve this issue asap.

P.S

Any recommendations for better voip service? Please pm