Fongo and the new iOS

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
Bohannan
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPhone 4 - Deactivated
Firmware Version: 6.0.1
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: Windows 7

Fongo and the new iOS

Post by Bohannan »

Hello all,

As you know Fongo is one of THE best VOIP products out there. From time to time there will be bugs but that's when Fongo does their best to fix them with updates.

As you also may know, Apple has updated their iOS recently and I was wondering how folks are finding how Fongo works with the new iOS.

My iPhone 4 is inactive and I use Fongo via my home WiFi network.

Should I just continue to use my old iOS or update to the newest. Any benefits of updating to the new iOS that would make Fongo better?

Thanks for reading and look forward to your thoughts.

BoBo.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Fongo and the new iOS

Post by Jake »

I have Fongo running on IOS7 and it has been perfectly fine. I use an iPod 5th gen. So you should have no problems with the app.

One thing I would say is the new OS does require more from the phone. I know someone who upgraded on an iPhone 4 and regrets doing it. He says it has made his phone much slower and unusable at times. It could just be all the rubbish he has on there though :)
Bohannan
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPhone 4 - Deactivated
Firmware Version: 6.0.1
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: Windows 7

Re: Fongo and the new iOS

Post by Bohannan »

Thanks for the reply Jake.

I really don't have much on this phone other than the flashlight app, IMDB app and Shazaam app. It's pretty bare bones.

I guess I shall give it a try. I guess the other thing I was concerned about what battery consumption. If they new iOS7 uses more battery consumption than before. Other than that...

BoBo