Whatsapp and Viber confirmation texts

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.

Whatsapp and Viber confirmation texts

Postby MazdaSpeed » 04/13/2015

This used to not be a problem but recently has became one. I used to use my Fongo number for both Whatsapp and Viber with no problem but when I tried porting these accounts on to my newly bought LG G3, the confirmation texts will not be received on my Fongo number. I do have a Canadian texting package but am I not able to receive international texts?
MazdaSpeed
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: LG G3
Firmware Version: Android 4.4.2
ISP Name: Shaw Communications
Computer OS: Windows 7

Re: Whatsapp and Viber confirmation texts

Postby bongio » 04/16/2015

I have the same problem. I understand that fongo mobile doesn't support short code SMS, however when I select 'call me' instead of SMS verification, I never receive a call.

I have tried this on both a wifi connection and a cellular connection, and both have failed.
bongio
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: iphone5

Postby shahida » 04/16/2015

i am having the exact same issue. i had it all along on my iphone bought a new phone and fongo wont receive the verification call or text message from whatsapp! anyone know how to fix this??
shahida
Just Passing Thru

whatsapp not working!

i am having the exact same issue as others. i had whatsapp connected through Fongo all along on my iphone bought a new android phone and fongo wont receive the verification call or text message from whatsapp! anyone know how to fix this??
shahida
Just Passing Thru

there really needs to be way around this
shahida
Just Passing Thru

Postby bongio » 04/17/2015

Switched to voip.ms and verification worked right away. Fongo uses 'virtual' phone numbers, so I don't think they can fix this problem.
bongio
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: iphone5

Postby rez » 04/20/2015

Duplicate
rez
Just Passing Thru

Postby rez » 04/20/2015

Hello Fongo,

I am experiencing same issue. I used to have WhatsApp Viber Tango Line with my Fongo number for years working perfectly. Now, I got a new phone and tried to activate WhatsApp but I don't receive text or call at all. Can you help please... That's the main way my friends keep in touch with me! Thank you.
rez
Just Passing Thru

Postby FONGO_jeff » 04/22/2015

We do not allow verification texts or calls from the services mentioned in this thread.
FONGO_jeff
Site Moderator

Postby Pony » 11/14/2021

Hello FONGO_Jeff,

>>>We do not allow verification texts or calls from the services mentioned in this thread.
Why you (FONGO) do not allow verification texts anymore?
Can you explain?

It seems like you have allowed that in the past. What has changed?

Is there another provider that allows verification texts?

Thank you!
Pony
Pony
One Hit Wonder

Computer OS: Android

Postby Liptonbrisk » 11/14/2021

Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Community Support