iphone disconnects from wifi when locked

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
frankie
Just Passing Thru

iphone disconnects from wifi when locked

Post by frankie »

Hi,

I installed Fongo. It works well but when my iphone is in sleep/locked, after a couple of minutes it disconnects from the wifi (modem 2wire from Bell). When this happens, people can leave a message but my phone doesn't ring and the wifi light turns green again. The problem is that it doesn't ring.

I turned on "Alternate Fongo Connection" but it doesn't solve the problem.

Thank you.
François
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: iphone disconnects from wifi when locked

Post by Fongo Support »

frankie wrote:Hi,

I installed Fongo. It works well but when my iphone is in sleep/locked, after a couple of minutes it disconnects from the wifi (modem 2wire from Bell). When this happens, people can leave a message but my phone doesn't ring and the wifi light turns green again. The problem is that it doesn't ring.

I turned on "Alternate Fongo Connection" but it doesn't solve the problem.

Thank you.
François
Hi,

Not sure about Iphone, but Fongo app has this in Android:

https://support.fongo.com/entries/25663 ... i-Android-

For your Iphone- please check this first:

Launch the Settings app
Select Notifications
Select Fongo
Check the following settings:
Allow Notifications : YES
Sounds: YES

Second, Launch the Settings app
Select Sounds
Check the volume of the Ringer and Alerts

Once that is done, let the phone go to sleep and try to call your Fongo number from another line (not from Google voice- use a real Cell or Landline)

Let us know.

regards,
frankie
Just Passing Thru

Post by frankie »

Thanks for the reply but, I don't have the troubleshooting/lock wifi option in the Fongo settings and I checked everything else in notifications and other settings. I tried to call my Fongo number from my freephoneline account on my pc and also asked a friend to call me and when it looses wifi connection, the phone will not ring.

François
frankie
Just Passing Thru

Post by frankie »

Apparently Apple devices act like this by design. When the iphone is in sleep mode and not plugged in AC, it will drop off wifi to save power. I guess an Android phone would be better to use Fongo.

François
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

frankie wrote:Thanks for the reply but, I don't have the troubleshooting/lock wifi option in the Fongo settings and I checked everything else in notifications and other settings. I tried to call my Fongo number from my freephoneline account on my pc and also asked a friend to call me and when it looses wifi connection, the phone will not ring.

François
Hi,

For your Iphone- please check this first:

Launch the Settings app
Select Notifications
Select Fongo
Check the following settings:
Allow Notifications : YES
Sounds: YES

Second, Launch the Settings app
Select Sounds
Check the volume of the Ringer and Alerts

Let us know.

As far as I know, the device will be wake up by notifications if setup properly.

Same if you receive an email.

regards,
frankie
Just Passing Thru

Post by frankie »

It doesn't wake up but it's an old iphone with IOS 6.1.6 apparently this version was even more buggy with wifi. But I'll use freephoneline on my laptop to receive calls and I can check my voicemail messages remotely with Fongo and the voicemail messages being copied to email.
wang120
Just Passing Thru

Post by wang120 »

Has this problem solved? I got exactly same.