Transferring Fongo Mobile phone number to FPL number

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
sncbhle18
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA122
Firmware Version: 1.4.1
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10

Transferring Fongo Mobile phone number to FPL number

Post by sncbhle18 »

Hey folks,

I was wonder if it's currently possible to transfer my current Fongo Mobile phone number into the FreePhoneLine service? The reason that I'm asking is that i'm planning to transfer one of my phone numbers from Bell into the FreePhoneLine service. If you don't understand on what I'm saying, here's my plan - discussed in point form:

• - Transfer Fongo Phone Number (or convert it) into a FPL phone number
    - Order an ATA Adapter to work with the FPL service
    - Purchase a VOIP unlock key to work with my VOIP ATA adapter device
    - Transfer my Bell phone number into the FPL service
Currently, I'm receiving my Internet, TV and Home Phone service with Bell and while my contract with them ends starting in January 2017, I'm planning to change internet providers while canceling my TV service at the same time. The particular phone number that I have with Bell for a number of years - dates back when I was in my elementary school days.

To summarize, would it be possible to transfer my Fongo Mobile phone number into the FPL service? If so, what are the steps?
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Transferring Fongo Mobile phone number to FPL number

Post by Jake »

Yep it's possible https://support.fongo.com/entries/53554 ... ngo-Mobile

It will cost you $5 though.

One thing I will point out is when you port your number in from Bell, you will loose the FPL (your current Fongo) number. If you want to keep both then you will have to think what is going to be the best way of doing it, but in any case you will have to have 2 accounts somewhere along the way if you want to have 2 phone numbers.