Android 10 (LineageOS) - App Sluggish

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.

Android 10 (LineageOS) - App Sluggish

Postby Karl Pilkington » 01/27/2020

Just started using Android 10 on one of my phones and noticed that Fongo is acting very strangely - cut calls, app sluggishness in general. However, if I was to pick the most obvious issue, it's that when using the dial pad, I'll dial a number (or select one from the address book) and nothing will happen (for about 20 seconds or more) and then all of a sudden, the app will start dialing the number. At one point, I had put the phone down after giving up and Fongo dialed the number I'd been trying to dial an entire minute before putting the phone down. There's definitely an issue with Fongo on at least some versions of Android 10. Other VoIP apps work fine on this phone.
Karl Pilkington
Just Passing Thru

Re: Android 10 (LineageOS) - App Sluggish

Postby GilbertG » 01/31/2020

Hi. Did you get a fix for this? I started having the exact same problem a few days ago (probably the same time you did), on an Android 9 device. Checked all my settings, made sure everything was up to date, and then resorted to reinstalling the app, but still no luck. As with your situation, everything else works fine.
GilbertG
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Android phone
Firmware Version: SM-A530W

Re: Android 10 (LineageOS) - App Sluggish

Postby Karl Pilkington » 02/02/2020

It's intermittent for me. Overall, I've switched to using Groundwire as I can't trust Fongo anymore because of this behaviour. I was in a conference call the other day and got disconnected because of this.
Karl Pilkington
Just Passing Thru

Return to Community Support