Fongo Mobile / Texting / Ad Removal

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.

Fongo Mobile / Texting / Ad Removal

Postby ABC123 » 08/08/2022

Hi,

I'm new to Fongo and I have read a lot on the Fongo web site and in this community support forum for the last 2 days to find out if Fongo is what I need. I know that my post is a bit long, but I wanted to provide as much information possible so it would be easier for Fongo staff or moderators to answer me and I would not have to reply many times with new questions.

SITUATION SUMMARY
Like many people wrote on this forum, I have an expensive landline home phone number with Bell for years and I don't want to lose that number. I make and receive calls on that number mostly for health and business issues (doctor, garage, stores, etc.). I have also a cellphone with a cheap Canada plan with Public Mobile (PM).

I'm now retired and my incomes have been reduced a lot. For the major part of the year, I will be living in a major city in Canada. But with some savings, I'm planning to spend a few months next winter in the south of USA. I would like to be able to use my home phone number at the lowest possible cost, considering that most of my calls are to family and friends with Messenger. For my cellphone, PM is perfect for me in Canada but they don’t offer interesting plans for using it in USA. I have WIFI at home and in the USA.

QUESTION 1 : Is Fongo mobile app the good choice for replacing my home phone Bell landline ?
I'm thinking about porting my Bell landline home phone number to Fongo and using it with the Fongo mobile app. I would then be able to :
-receive and make free phone calls to major cities in Canada while in Canada or USA (using WIFI);
-receive only free text messages from Fongo and Non-Fongo numbers (using WIFI);
-have voicemail when I receive calls while I’m not at home in Canada or USA (using WIFI).
Is this all correct ?

QUESTION 2 : Fees for using Fongo mobile app
According to what I read, with the settings described in question 1, it would cost me CA$25 to port my number and after there would be no other monthly fee. Porting my number would also prevent it to become dormant and being desactivated.
Is it correct ?

QUESTION 3 : Ad removal fee
Is the 6.99$ fee for ad removal a ONETIME fee per cellphone or a MONTHLY fee per cellphone ?

QUESTION 4 : Sending and receiving text messages in Canada and USA
If I would like to add a text messaging service to be able to :
-send and receive text messages to/from Canadian numbers while in Canada or USA;
-send and receive text messages to/from USA numbers while in Canada or USA;
Would the global texting fee allows me to do this ?

QUESTION 5 : Fee for the Fongo Mobile Plus app
I have been looking through the entire Fongo Mobile web pages and I couln’t find the fee for the Fongo Mobile Plus app. Is it a onetime fee of monthly fee ? What is that fee ?

Thank you so much in advance for answering my questions ! :)
ABC123
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: Windows 10

Re: Fongo Mobile / Texting / Ad Removal

Postby bridonca » 08/11/2022

ABC123 wrote:QUESTION 1 : Is Fongo mobile app the good choice for replacing my home phone Bell landline ?
I'm thinking about porting my Bell landline home phone number to Fongo and using it with the Fongo mobile app. I would then be able to :
-receive and make free phone calls to major cities in Canada while in Canada or USA (using WIFI);
-receive only free text messages from Fongo and Non-Fongo numbers (using WIFI);
-have voicemail when I receive calls while I’m not at home in Canada or USA (using WIFI).
Is this all correct?

Close. Text messages are free between fongo accounts. Voicemail goes to email, so you can access your messages if you can access email

ABC123 wrote:QUESTION 2 : Fees for using Fongo mobile app
According to what I read, with the settings described in question 1, it would cost me CA$25 to port my number and after there would be no other monthly fee. Porting my number would also prevent it to become dormant and being deactivated.
Is it correct ?

You are correct.

ABC123 wrote:QUESTION 3 : Ad removal fee
Is the 6.99$ fee for ad removal a ONETIME fee per cellphone or a MONTHLY fee per cellphone ?

$6.99 permanently removes ads

ABC123 wrote:QUESTION 4 : Sending and receiving text messages in Canada and USA
If I would like to add a text messaging service to be able to :
-send and receive text messages to/from Canadian numbers while in Canada or USA;
-send and receive text messages to/from USA numbers while in Canada or USA;
Would the global texting fee allows me to do this ?

Yes it would. From, $4 a month, to $28 a year.

ABC123 wrote:QUESTION 5 : Fee for the Fongo Mobile Plus app
I have been looking through the entire Fongo Mobile web pages and I couldn’t find the fee for the Fongo Mobile Plus app. Is it a onetime fee of monthly fee ? What is that fee ?

The fee structure in on the app. From $10 a month to $85 a year.

ABC123 wrote:Thank you so much in advance for answering my questions ! :)

I strongly suggest you install the app, and test out the free features thoroughly. You will have a free phone number. Once you get confident with the app, you can work on porting, and the other add ons.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Fongo Mobile / Texting / Ad Removal

Postby ABC123 » 08/13/2022

Thanks you Bridonca for answering all my questions ! Everything is now clear for me :) :) :)

As you suggested, I have download and installed the Fongo mobile app (FMA) and tested it. The sound quality is not stable but globally satisfying for me as my home phone number (that I will transfer to FMA) will be use only once in a while. And I like all the features included with the FMA.

Thanks again for your help !
ABC123
Just Passing Thru

Computer OS: Windows 10

Return to Community Support