which Fongo should i buy to use in canada US and india

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
sapjgk
One Hit Wonder

which Fongo should i buy to use in canada US and india

Post by sapjgk »

Hi ,

I have one number in canada already. However i want to to port to Fongo use the Fongo app only while i was in USA or in india. When i come back to canada it should work again don't need regular mobile should be fine in Fongo app. Can you please suggest which one i should subscribe to and what is the cost.
Does the income text and phone also works. Can i use whats app also with the same number.
thank you,
Pal
Jake
Technical Support

Re: which Fongo should i buy to use in canada US and india

Post by Jake »

You can use Fongo Mobile for free, then when you want to do things like text and call, you buy add-ons.

I'm not completely clear on how you want to use the app, but I will try and explain how it could work:

1. All incoming calls and texts are free, no matter where they come from. Texts from shortcodes might not make it to you - https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... hort-codes
2. Calling most of Canada is free no matter where you are in the world. All calls are made and received as though you are in Canada, even if you are in India.
3. For calling a US or Indian number, you will need to add world credits to your account, even if you are in the US or India. The calls will still be made as though you are in Canada.
4. For texting numbers in Canada you will just need to add a Canada Texting add-on.
5. For texting a US or Indian number, you will need to add a Global Texting add-on. This option includes texting to Canada also.
6. If you make a lot of calls to the US, then consider Fongo Plus which gives unlimited calling to Canada and the US.

If you don't make any calls or send any texts, then you will just need the free Fongo Mobile. Just Port in your number and you are good to go.

If you find you need to make calls or send texts, then you can always buy add-ons at any point in the future. It's pay-as-you-go so there are no commitments to renew.

I always suggest this to people. Download the free app and play around with it for a bit. It costs nothing apart from a bit of your time.
If you are happy that it will do what you want it to do, then Port in your number and any add-ons that you need.

Just remember, all calls are made as though you are sitting on your couch in Canada. Even if you are standing right next to someone in India, it will be considered international when you call or text them.
BUT, when you are in India, people in Canada will still be able to call and text you as though you are still in Canada.

I use my Fongo number for WhatsApp, but again you might have trouble with activation - https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... hort-codes