[resolved] Windows app with USB Headset

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
mason50001
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Yealink SIP-T32G VoIP phone
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Computer OS: Windows 7
Smartphone Model: Blackberry Bold 9700

[resolved] Windows app with USB Headset

Post by mason50001 »

Is there a way to make the Dell Voice Windows application work with a USB headset?
I'm running Windows 7 and the default for playback (speakers) & recording (microphone) is the sound card. The headset is set as the default communication device, but the Dell Voice app doesn't use telephony like a softphone like Zoiper does.

Is there any way to make the Dell app use the USB headset without changing the system sound default? Otherwise music and everything would play through the headset.
tbrummell
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: PIAF/Mitel/PolyCom/Cisco
Firmware Version: Asterisk 1.8
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: CentOS/Windows2008/Win7/Android
Router: pfSense/Neoware thin client

Re: Windows app with USB Headset

Post by tbrummell »

Not at this time.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Post by dibsmft »

I am not a MS Windows user but I do have Vista on a laptop that I use to test voip clients and do my taxes. If you set up the Dell app. to use to the USB sound system then that will work and then set other devices up to use the sound system of their choice so that when run they should work to the correct output/input I think. I could be wrong but I will try it when next I have to run Vista. :). It seems to work OK on Linux (Mint/Ubuntu) where you can run several different streams at the same time.
tbrummell
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: PIAF/Mitel/PolyCom/Cisco
Firmware Version: Asterisk 1.8
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: CentOS/Windows2008/Win7/Android
Router: pfSense/Neoware thin client

Post by tbrummell »

There is no way to tell the app to use the headset, sorry. But your theory is correct for an app that will let you specify what sound device to use, as most quality softphone apps do.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Post by dibsmft »

I just fired up Vista and started playing BBCiPlayer radio 1 on it. I then started up the FPL client and set up the channels and made a call while the radio was playing from my speakers (very quietly). The phone call worked perfectly with no channel interference. However, it looks like you need to be careful each time you restart Vista to make sure the channels are grabbed in the correct order as Vista does not "remember" what to do on restarting.