New Activation Error - Dell Voice App for iOS 5

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
msmctavish
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPhone
ISP Name: Rogers (Mobile) Shaw (Home)
Computer OS: iOS 5.01
Router: Dlink

New Activation Error - Dell Voice App for iOS 5

Post by msmctavish »

Everything goes well up to the point where I choose my new phone number. When I click 'Yes" to proceed after I am happy with the newly generated number, I always get an error whether it's on my iPhone or desktop computer. Is this a system error or an issue with my account? Did I do something wrong? Thanks for your help.
snailium
Just Passing Thru

Re: New Activation Error - Dell Voice App for iOS 5

Post by snailium »

Hey, you are not the only one. I'm having this problem as well.

I did try to generate a Toronto, Vancouver and Ottawa number. None of them works.

Also, on the desktop version, no matter which city I select, the following text appears on the right side.

Sorry, select another region
We currently don’t have a phone number available in your area code. But you can still use the service in an alternate province / city if you want a number in a different calling area.
For example if you have friends and family in Toronto they will be able to call you locally if you select a Toronto number. Because great times can happen anywhere.

Does it mean Fongo/Dell Voice is short of free number right now?
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

Even at 6800 registrations in just over a day, I'm going to say probably not. Being good friends with a CLEC we've got a semi-bottomless pit of DID's :)
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
luca702
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: CSipSimple
Firmware Version: Android 4.0.1
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: no

Post by luca702 »

so what to do?? cause the same issue in my Nexus..... or in PC :((( pls advise;)
msmctavish
Just Passing Thru

Post by msmctavish »

FONGO_kris wrote:Even at 6800 registrations in just over a day, I'm going to say probably not. Being good friends with a CLEC we've got a semi-bottomless pit of DID's :)
That's a busy day! I hear great things about the service so I'm excited to get it working. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix my issue or who to contact to solve it? I've attached a screen shot of the errors I receive when trying to activate on my iPhone and my desktop computer.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attachments
Error on iPhone - Using Mobile Safari
Error on iPhone - Using Mobile Safari
Error on desktop - Using Safari 5.1.3
Error on desktop - Using Safari 5.1.3
msmctavish
Just Passing Thru

Post by msmctavish »

** I solved my problem by logging into my account on the Dell Voice website on my desktop and deleting my account. I then re-registered using the Dell Voice iOS app and everything went flawlessly. I either made an error on my initial set-up or there was a system error at the time I was registering yesterday. Either way problem solved! **
snailium
Just Passing Thru

Post by snailium »

FONGO_kris wrote:Even at 6800 registrations in just over a day, I'm going to say probably not. Being good friends with a CLEC we've got a semi-bottomless pit of DID's :)
At least, this is a good news.

But, I'm stuck at choosing phone number. Is there any way to solve the problem?

Thanks.