[resolved] Call Failed ...HELP!

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
voip_newbie
One Hit Wonder
SIP Device Name: iPhone
ISP Name: Cable (wifi)

[resolved] Call Failed ...HELP!

Post by voip_newbie »

This is my first time using any VOIP app, and I seem to be having way too many issues with it. Finally got the registration figured out, and now when I try to dial out I get "Call Failed - Your call cannot be completed. Please ensure that you have a valid wifi or data connection."

I have the green light next to Wifi, but still cannot seem to make any calls (or receive them). When I switch my settings to use my data plan, the light turns green but I continue to have the same connection message.

What am I missing? I'm so confused!

Thx :) :?:
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Call Failed ...HELP!

Post by FONGO_kris »

Are you seeing "Connected to Fongo" in your notification bar?

The green / red lights for WiFi and Data are only an indication that you've got an active connection for either of them not necessarily to Fongo.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
thatmarkguy
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPod Touch 4g
Firmware Version: 5.0.1
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: D-Link

Post by thatmarkguy »

I'm having similar problem.

I don't see Connected to Fongo, no. when I log in I see a red bar at the top of the screen that says "Signing into network", then for a very short time (less than half a second) a green bar that says "Registering Phone. Please wait..." Then it's just the dalpad screen with "Dell Voice powered by Fongo" at the top. Any attempt to make a call from here is met with the "Call Failed" message.
thatmarkguy
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPod Touch 4g
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: D-Link

Post by thatmarkguy »

Problem seems to have resolved itself. Maybe the system needs a couple hours after account creation to properly instantiate you. Or maybe certain regions were offline and that's resolved now. Or maybe the complaints in this thread led to them investigating and resolving the issue.

Either way, I've now successfully made a call.
shifty21
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPhone 4
ISP Name: Sympatico
Computer OS: Win 7 Home Premium
Router: 2Wire

Post by shifty21 »

I do see the signing into network in the notifcation bar quickly. An ad comes up right after. I still get the call failed error when I try to dial out.
shifty21
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPhone 4
ISP Name: Sympatico
Computer OS: Win 7 Home Premium
Router: 2Wire

Post by shifty21 »

I woke up today and noticed that there were two calls from a toll free number through Dell Voice. When I tried calling out and receiving calls, everything worked. The only thing that I can think of is that I supplied my cell number to a person in IT that I was emailing back and forth. Perhaps the registration of the app faulted in some way. Regardless, I can use the app now.