Dell Voice Follow me FPL Follow me number

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
fch
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: GrandStream Ht-286
ISP Name: TekSavvy-Cable
Computer OS: Win 7
Router: Asus WL500W

Dell Voice Follow me FPL Follow me number

Post by fch »

I have a FPL number which I am using it as my home phone number. I am using it with a SIP configuration and an ATA.
In the follow me, I have listed my cell number as a follow me number.
However, follow me setting is disabled.

I registered for Dell Voice number (using it on Andriod phone). However, when I log into the dell voice website and enable follow me settings and enter my cell number as a follow me number, I get the following error "The number is already used as a FOLLOWME number by someone else"

I do understand that FPL and DellVoice are being run on the same back end system and it is checking for my cell number and it gets rejected. However, if the FOLLOWME settings is not enabled on the FPL account then the dellvoice should accept the number.

Looking forward for a reply from steve or Kris on this issue
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Dell Voice Follow me FPL Follow me number

Post by FONGO_kris »

It's not enough to simply disable followme, the number will need to be deleted from your Fongo followme settings before you are able to add the number to Dell Voice.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
juser
Quiet One
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4S
iOS Version: 5.0.1

Post by juser »

So if two people in a house register for DV on their mobiles, they can't both set a follow me number to their home phone #?
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Because DV is a different ball game to FPL in respect to it being mainly aimed at mobile phones rather than home phones it could possibly be a bit restrictive to only allow a number only once. I expect it will come up a lot that more than one person in a household will have DV on their phone, and both want calls forwarded to the house line.

Before with FPL being mainly a house line it would be less likely that two different houses will want to forward to the same number.

Maybe this needs thinking about a bit in Fongo Towers.
Madwand
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: SPA-2102
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable 100/10
Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional

Post by Madwand »

Agreed. I was forced to get a new DV number on my cell phone. I should be able to forward my calls to my home line or wherever I choose... independent to Fongo.