Dell Voice disconnects from server intermittently

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
djc
Active Poster

Dell Voice disconnects from server intermittently

Post by djc »

This is not the same as the other Dell Voice app threads about the Dell Voice app shutting down after awhile.

I have a Nexus S and my Dell Voice app stays in the background. I've never had it automatically shut. I would have to exit it or forcibly shut it off as it always auto-starts on boot.

Anyway, I have noticed from time to time that the Dell voice app would disconnect from servers and then reconnect. When connected, the icon at the top is blue. When disconnected it is red. And when connecting, it is green. I would see the colors change every now and then. I have 3G and I don't think I'm disconnected. Is there a reason for this? I guess it reconnects anyway so it isn't a problem, but just wondering, on the off chance that someone calls and it was disconnected.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Dell Voice disconnects from server intermittently

Post by FONGO_kris »

I've changed the subject to better identify the thread, and avoid it being redirected.

Signal strength is something most mobile apps have to battle with, and though I cannot verify this, because it is a application making calls requiring data there could be a rule set to 'set aside' or 'require' a certain amount of bars (forgive me for the use layman's terms) - For those of you who are tech savvy, "to require the relative level of dBmV to be above average".

I have also noticed this when not on wifi, and will bring this up with development.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
djc
Active Poster

Post by djc »

Thanks Kris,

I'm on Wind here in Vancouver. Although my reception here at my home is average, I can say it does fluctuate. And even if I have full bars, sometimes the 3G data goes down, (ie I can make voice calls but data doesn't work). So it is probably it's Wind. Just like to see if others who aren't on Wind and maybe on stronger carriers with strong receptions getting similar results.

All in all, it's not too important for me if it disconnect intermittently. If the developers can do anything to make it better, aside from things they can't control, that would be great.

Thanks
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Post by FONGO_kris »

I can certainly tell you that regardless of any outside influence, our developers will try to provide the absolute best and most sustainable service possible.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
djc
Active Poster

Post by djc »

I was at my local university here and had a ping of 12 and download speed of over 22 Mbps and upload of 9 Mbps which is faster than my home high speed internet with Shaw and also faster than my 3G data with Wind. I had strong signal and was on wifi the whole time, yet the app still intermittently disconnects. I'm not too sure if this is due to signal strength. When I was testing with my 3G data, that was more believable and even with my wifi which sometimes disconnects, but when I'm connected with strong signal, it's strange.