Light sensor and Proximity Sensor bug

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
djc
Active Poster

Light sensor and Proximity Sensor bug

Post by djc »

I have a Nexus S so I don't know if others are having this issue.

I noticed is when I have my brightness setting on "Auto" and before making a call, my screen is quite dim. When I make a call using the Dell Voice app, the screen goes full blown bright. I would think it's at 100%. When I change my setting to have 2% brightness, or low brightness and then use Dell Voice to make a call, the screen stays the same. So it seems like the app goes wonky when it's on "Auto" brightness which should not happen as the the light levels haven't changed. I think it may be the app is affecting the light sensor which it shouldn't need.

Also, another thing I noticed is before the call is connected, the proximity sensor does what it is suppose to do which is to turn the screen black (well not entirely, see below what my phone would normally do) when the phone is close to your ears and turn the screen on again when further away. But when the phone is connected, the screen just go very dim but not completely blacked out and I can still see the dialer. I see no reason why it should just be partially dim when you wouldn't need to see the screen if it's beside your ears.

When I make a call with my Nexus S, the screen turns off (including backlight) and also the buttons on the bottom that have lights turn off when the phone is close to my ears and turns back on when away. This doesn't happen with the Dell Voice app. It just turns dark, like a black screen but it seems the backlight is still on. Also the lights on the bottom buttons don't turn off which leads me to think it is just a black screen rather than having the screen turn off.

I think that the problems with the screen not turning fully off is because of how the app was designed. It's not really turning off the screen but rather making the screen black. If the app turns the screen off, I'm sure my buttons would also have no lights as well.

Not sure if it was meant to be that way. Anyway, if it can be made to turn off the whole screen it would be great.

Anyway, just some things I noticed.

Thanks