Voicemail Indicator Light When Using PAP2T

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
warkior
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Computer OS: Linux
Smartphone Model: HTC Desire

Voicemail Indicator Light When Using PAP2T

Post by warkior »

Hello,

I've connected our home phone to DellVoice using the provided SIP credentials and though things seem to be working decently, when new voicemail messages come in the indicator light on my phone doesn't seem to blink. I'm wondering if there is some sort of special device configuration that I need to set up in order to activate that feature. My ATA is a Linksys PAP2T.

Thanks for the advice,
James W.
warkior
Just Passing Thru

Re: Voicemail Indicator Light When Using PAP2T

Post by warkior »

Ok. Update to this problem... the indicator light DOES eventually come on after around an hour or more. Also, once I have checked the message it again takes quite a long while to stop. So, still a problem, but does work eventually. Any way to speed up the update process?
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Post by bridonca »

Not for a while. Fongo polls all the accounts periodicly to see who has messages waiting, and then assigns a message waiting flag. It can take a half hour to go through the database. It also the reason it takes a while for the new message waiting flag to go away.

It was probably not a bad setup when Fongo did not have as many subscribers, not so great now.
warkior
Just Passing Thru

Post by warkior »

Interesting. I suppose it'll only get worse now that DellVoice has begun... unless they upgrade their hardware and/or update algorithms. Thanks for the info.
Have a great day.