Freephoneline Desktop PC

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo Home Phone is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Freephoneline Desktop PC

Postby stevenao » 03/27/2013

Please add the option to select Audio Out and Audio in Devices, there are many users there using an USB external headset instead of PC speakers. It is not in the year 1998. USB devices are everywhere and common.
stevenao
Just Passing Thru

Re: Freephoneline Desktop PC

Postby bridonca » 03/27/2013

Not going to happen. It is a defect in the programming language (JAVA) And the resources required to fix the problem are just not there.

Though certainly not a free option, paying $50 for SIP settings is a much better option. That frees you to use much better SIP clients and SIP devices. After you stump the $50, that is it for costs from Fongo. You might want to make sure you got a good router and a good internet connection, but after that, all it good.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Freephoneline Desktop PC

Postby stevenao » 03/27/2013

The API AudioSystem.getMixerInfo() will get you the list of audio in and out ports available, the code just have to filter and separate them between in and out to display to user. The software is newly released. I can imagine that changes should still be on going. The product life of it is fairly new. Going forward, an ATA device is definitely in my plan. I am in the testing phase in terms of voice quality and reliability to use the service as my daily voice communication.
stevenao
Just Passing Thru

Return to Suggestions & Feedback