Linksys SPA2102 - no voice

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo Home Phone is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Linksys SPA2102 - no voice

Postby ysshah@hotmail.com » 04/15/2013

I Just purchase the key, I have setup this Linksys SPA2102, I belive it's correct setup

But I have issue with for calling or receiving phone
When some one call, it rings but can not heard any thing whatever he spoke, on other hand whatever I talk other person can heard clearly.
Same thing, when I call other person can hear what I talk, but I can't heard anything what spoke.

I am running firmware v 5.2.5,
I have other phone with same adapter, with different firmware version, I don't have any issue.

Is that anyone can help me?
ysshah@hotmail.com
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: LINKSYS SPA 2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.5
ISP Name: Rogeres, Cable
Computer OS: Window 7
Router: Linksys

Re: Linksys SPA2102 - no voice

Postby Fongo Support » 04/15/2013

ysshah@hotmail.com wrote:I Just purchase the key, I have setup this Linksys SPA2102, I belive it's correct setup

But I have issue with for calling or receiving phone
When some one call, it rings but can not heard any thing whatever he spoke, on other hand whatever I talk other person can heard clearly.
Same thing, when I call other person can hear what I talk, but I can't heard anything what spoke.

I am running firmware v 5.2.5,
I have other phone with same adapter, with different firmware version, I don't have any issue.

Is that anyone can help me?

Hi there,

Are you having two lines setup on the same ATA? If that's the case, you have to setup ATA a little different.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby rami » 04/24/2013

Hi,

Not sure if your problem has been fixed but I am faced with a similar issue. I believe that I have configured the ATA correctly. I checked my configuration settings against the ones suggested on the FPL web of knowledge, and http://voipfan.net/ATAs/SPA210x_freephoneline.php.

My ATA firmware version is a bit newer 5.2.10

For some reason when I make or receive a call the person on the other end hears me with no problems but I can't hear him/her. Sometimes when I reboot the ATA everything is fine for a few minutes then the problems comes back. I don't have a second line set up on the ATA and have line 2 set as disabled.

I've spent so many hours staring at the configurations and have no clue what it is, my only other option right now is to purchase another ATA a grandstream or pap2t and try it on that.

thanks in advance
rami
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.10
ISP Name: Distributel cable
Computer OS: Windows 7

Postby Fongo Support » 04/24/2013

rami wrote:Hi,

Not sure if your problem has been fixed but I am faced with a similar issue. I believe that I have configured the ATA correctly. I checked my configuration settings against the ones suggested on the FPL web of knowledge, and http://voipfan.net/ATAs/SPA210x_freephoneline.php.

My ATA firmware version is a bit newer 5.2.10

For some reason when I make or receive a call the person on the other end hears me with no problems but I can't hear him/her. Sometimes when I reboot the ATA everything is fine for a few minutes then the problems comes back. I don't have a second line set up on the ATA and have line 2 set as disabled.

I've spent so many hours staring at the configurations and have no clue what it is, my only other option right now is to purchase another ATA a grandstream or pap2t and try it on that.

thanks in advance

Hi there,

Please reconfigure unit as per below:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=310

Not sure why you use voipfan when we have everything here:)

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby rami » 04/24/2013

Hi there,

When I was configuring the ATA the first time I did a google search and voipfan was the first one to show. When I went through the forums today, I found the link you provided. Is the configuration of the PAP2T similar to SPA2102? I compared the entries to what I currently have and everything seems the same.

I'll reset the ATA back to factory defaults, reconfigure and see how it goes maybe I missed something.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks
rami
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.10
ISP Name: Distributel cable
Computer OS: Windows 7

Postby Fongo Support » 04/24/2013

rami wrote:Hi there,

When I was configuring the ATA the first time I did a google search and voipfan was the first one to show. When I went through the forums today, I found the link you provided. Is the configuration of the PAP2T similar to SPA2102? I compared the entries to what I currently have and everything seems the same.

I'll reset the ATA back to factory defaults, reconfigure and see how it goes maybe I missed something.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks

Hi there,

There are a few settings that are different..

Please send me a PM if you have any issues

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Return to Suggestions & Feedback