1-800 or telemarketing calls

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo Home Phone is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
bigfatalleycat
Just Passing Thru

1-800 or telemarketing calls

Post by bigfatalleycat »

Hi All,

I have been on Fongo home phone since May 3rd and have not received a single call from a 800 number of any kind. Now I'm not complaining if it is an unwanted call such as a telemarketer but I was wondering if Fongo filtered these kind of of calls or is it just a fluke that I have not received any since switching?
By the way the switch was painless and my old number was ported on time as promised.
Thanks Fongo! :D
lustucru
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-286
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.45
ISP Name: Bell Fibe 300/300
Computer OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Router: Bell hub 1000
Smartphone Model: Moto E
Android Version: Android 6.0

Re: 1-800 or telemarketing calls

Post by lustucru »

To get rid of telemarketing calls, register you phone to the "Do Not Call" list of the CRTC:

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng

If you still get these type of calls 30 days after the registration date to the "Do not call" list, you can file a complaint to the CRTC.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

lustucru wrote:To get rid of telemarketing calls, register you phone to the "Do Not Call" list of the CRTC:

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng

If you still get these type of calls 30 days after the registration date to the "Do not call" list, you can file a complaint to the CRTC.
I think he is actually asking FOR telemarketers to call :shock:

@AlleyCat Fongo does not filter such calls, so you must have just been lucky.
bigfatalleycat
Just Passing Thru

Post by bigfatalleycat »

Guess I am lucky then!! I had already previously registered for the Dnc list but a few still seem to get by. Thanks for the responses!
darla
One Hit Wonder

Post by darla »

ust got it set up your way - Rogers modem works in the bridge mode. Linksys E4200 plugged into it, two Fongo lines plugged into the E4200. Thanks!
darla