voip- choppy outbound voice

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.

voip- choppy outbound voice

Postby loudtubeamps » 12/16/2016

I have the Fongo softphone apps running on an ipad , imac desktop and a moto g android phone.
This is key: When using these apps, both outgoing and incoming voice quality is very good as compared with the home phone ATA.
I am running a Dect6.0 phone connected directly to the ATA and the ATA connected directly to my router.
Reports from people I have called through ATA say that my voice (outbound) is very choppy , generally their voice inbound is quite good.
For the most part we cannot use the ATA/VOIP for making calls and rely on the softphone apps....Thanks for those!
I understand that bandwidth and upload speed are essential for outbound voice quality.
Our internet service here (out in a rural area) is by wireless transmission from a local tower and is not the best but- the fact that the softphone apps and ATA are using the same wifi network, both running through the same local router makes me question if some configurations could be modified possibly in the ATA's SIP section??
I have uploaded the latest firmware to the grandstream ht 701 , purchased and configured via Fongo.
Program-- 1.0.5.10 Bootloader -- 1.0.0.9 Core -- 1.0.5.5 Base -- 1.0.5.10
CPE --
Any help or suggestions with trying to improve outbound quality through the ATA would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Doug
loudtubeamps
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: grandstream ht 701
Firmware Version: Program-- 1.0.5.10
ISP Name: vianet.ca /core broadband
Computer OS: macOS Sierra (version 10.12)
Router: apple airport extreme

Return to Community Support