Shared service Home Phone / PC

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.

Shared service Home Phone / PC

Postby superjoe » 10/10/2020

I am an happy Fongo Home Phone client.
I would like to know if there is a way to answer my calls with my PC (via freephoneline.ca Desktop app?) or with my mobile phone (via Fongo App ?)
Call forwarding is not an option. I would like to answer any calls with my house fixed phone OR with my PC (or mobile)
Thank you
superjoe
One Hit Wonder

Re: Shared service Home Phone / PC

Postby Liptonbrisk » 10/10/2020

No. Freephoneline, Fongo Mobile, and Fongo Home phone are all separate services that never share the same numbers or accounts.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Re: Shared service Home Phone / PC

Postby Jake » 10/12/2020

I know you said that call forwarding is not an option, but have you considered call forwarding with the simultaneous option? This is what we use here.

Each account can only be logged in with one device, so if you want to answer a call on any one of multiple devices you will have to have multiple accounts.

What we have done here is we hhave several mobiles have the Fongo app, on my PC I have a Bria softphone running with a FPL account, and our main home line is a FPL account.
The main account has the other numbers set up as call forwarding in simultaneous mode, so all devices ring at the same time. Answering the call on one device ends the ringing on all the others.
Jake
Technical Support

Return to Community Support