number is not in service

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.

number is not in service

Postby to_munda » 07/13/2022

Hi guys,
I have Fongo Home Phone for over a year and was working fine until yesterday!
I have connection. I can call out but incoming calls are not getting thru.
The caller hears a message " Sorry, The number you have dialed is not in service" and the HP doesnt even ring!
I have reset the adapter a few times. Adapter: GRANDSTREM HT801.
I have messaged tech support and they said the issue has been resolved
But its NOT. The issue is till there. No incoming calls!
Wonder if someone can help me.
Thanks
to_munda
Just Passing Thru

number is not in service

Postby energyguy » 07/13/2022

For several days now Bell and Kudo customers calling my Fongo Home Phone number get an automated message that the number is not in service. I started a service issue ticket and received a call from a Fongo tech stating that he would call me back on a Bell line but then I never heard back. Problem continues today with unable to receive calls and callers are unable to leave a message.
energyguy
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream 801
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Gateway

Re: number is not in service

Postby Liptonbrisk » 07/13/2022

energyguy wrote:For several days now Bell and Kudo customers calling my Fongo Home Phone number get an automated message that the number is not in service. I started a service issue ticket and received a call from a Fongo tech stating that he would call me back on a Bell line but then I never heard back. Problem continues today with unable to receive calls and callers are unable to leave a message.

Ensure that Call Forwarding/Follow Me is disabled while troubleshooting: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... Home-Phone.

If callers are unable to reach your Fongo Home Phone voicemail, then I'm doubtful that has anything to do with Rogers' ongoing issues.
Fongo Home Phone voicemail system should be reachable for incoming callers even when your internet service isn't working.

Login to your account and check your call logs: https://account.fongo.com/login/.
If you see the incoming calls listed there, they're reaching Fibernetics' network (Fibernetics is the network and CLEC used by Fongo).
If you don't, there's a problem.

I'll move your post to the Fongo Home Phone forum.

I would continue responding to your ticket. There's nothing moderators can do since we don't work for Fongo.
Without knowing more, this sounds as though it's a Fibernetics call routing issue.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby igz430 » 07/13/2022

I'm having same issue. Support said they are investigating.
igz430
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: Start.ca

Re: No INCOMING Calls

Postby igz430 » 07/13/2022

I'm having same issue. Support said they are investigating.
igz430
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: Start.ca

Fongo Support, Jul 13, 2022, 1:25 PM EDT
>
> Hi there. Thank you for letting us know. We are aware of the issue. Here's
> what we know so far, Numbers outside of Fongo are not able to call you. Only
> Fongo to Fongo works at the moment. It is currently being investigated and
> we will provide feedback as soon as possible.
energyguy
Just Passing Thru

I've let Fongo know how seriously inconvenient this issue is and that I'm trying to coordinate family members after a recent death in the family and no one can reach me or leave me a voice message.
energyguy
Just Passing Thru

Return to Community Support