Ready to give up

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
davecool
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: HT701
Firmware Version: 1.0.3.1
ISP Name: TekSavvy
Computer OS: Mac OS X 10.8
Router: TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Ready to give up

Post by davecool »

I am ready to give up on Fongo Home Phone. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it doesn't work at all. Usually it's somewhere in the middle. Digital voices, stuttering audio, delays, local and long distance numbers that won't connect, strange voices on the line when trying to dial. I've had it. Something is very wrong with this service and I can't understand how anyone could use it as a viable replacement for a POTS line. I have used VoIP before (Bell had a service years ago, Vonage, etc.) and they never had the type of issues we have experienced with Fongo.

We have called 611 a number of times and the response is always the same... they can't explain why calls won't connect. They can't explain why some local numbers need a 1 in front and then randomly later work with just the area code. They can't explain why our calls into the US don't connect reliably, and once they do feature a 2 second delay.

How do I undo my service? I want to return my adapter, un-port my number, and just go back to my former provider.

Thanks,
David
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Ready to give up

Post by Jake »

Sorry to hear your problems. Luckily I have not had any of those problems, and FPl has been a good replacement for Bell and has saved us a lot over the years.

Your problems could all be easily explained by a bad ATA, or your ISP messing with your connection. Or it could big problems within Fongo when routing your calls. They all sound very strange and I wouldn't know where to start.

Just make sure you port your number out of Fongo before you cancel the service, otherwise there could be a chance you will loose the number. Porting out should be easy, but it will depend on who you are porting to. Contact them and ask them what information they need.
seagame2001
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Re: Ready to give up

Post by seagame2001 »

could be a bad ATA or router problem that's all