Vtech phones

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.

Vtech phones

Postby rsoares28 » 11/21/2012

Hello, I signed up for fongo back in august. at the time I had uniden cordless phones and all was well. I decided to upgrade my phones to this model http://www.costco.ca/VTech-DS6472-6-DEC ... 67094.html from Costco.

When I set it up it will not show caller ID. I took the phone to my neighbors house who is not with fongo and tried it and caller ID worked so it can't be the phone... I called Vtech justto see if it was anything I had to enable in the phone but they said caller ID was a network function so if you are paying for it the vetch phone should show it. I decided to plug back in my old uniden phone and ofcourse caller ID works.

I called the fongo customer support but due to the language barrier its the most frustrating thing trying to get help that I got fed up. I bought a Panasonic phone to test and it shows caller ID fine. It seems only vetch phones and fongo are incompatible.

Does anybody else have a vetch cordless phone working with fongo caller ID??? Or are there any settings I can try changing in the ATA? I would really like to get this working

Thanks
rsoares28
Just Passing Thru

Return to Community Support