No incoming calls, needs to restart each time

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
Fany
Just Passing Thru

No incoming calls, needs to restart each time

Post by Fany »

I have problem with my incoming calls as many friends told me they could not call my home number. I use Vonage for my home phone, and my router is D-Link DI-604

Here is the problem:

1. When calling my home number from outside, one could not hear ANYTHING for couple of seconds,and then heard a short beep before being disconnected. That means the callers could not even leave voice messages. At the same time I could not hear any ringing from my home phone set either.

2. If however I log in freephoneline interface on my PC, I can receive incoming calls on PC.

3. If I reboot my Vonage, then I can receive incoming calls, but only for a while (maybe couple of hours), before the incoming calls are unavailable again.

Anybody knows how to fix it?

Best regards

Fany
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Re: No incoming calls, needs to restart each time

Post by dibsmft »

This is not a site for Vonage problems .... however
If you are able, one thing to do is to try running a stun server. It appers that the ATA is losing its record of the server IP address.
Whether or not you can do this depends on the ATA (voip box) that you are using.