No voicemail, people cant call me, and app unstable

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
JohnMclane
Just Passing Thru

No voicemail, people cant call me, and app unstable

Post by JohnMclane »

I'm having several problems with the service, I was wondering if I'm the only one experiencing those:

- People can't call me. Either they go to voicemail (when they're lucky) or it just says the user could not be joined or something like that (there wasn't any ringtone at all). Trying to call my own phone from a land line, out of 4 times, I got no ringtone 3 times and connected to my phone once

- I can't access my voicemail. When pushing the voicemail button in the app it calls it and then nothing happens. That's been happening for at least the last week.

- Dropping calls in the middle of a conversation. At some point, I get a App is not responding notice, which completely interrupts the call and drops it. App then needs to be rebooted.

- Won't connect the call when calling someone. I enter the phone number, hit send, nothing happens. App then needs to be re-started, sometime this will happen for days at a time.

- Text messages seem to be working just fine.

I'm on Galaxy S3 and this happens has much over wifi than over Data.

The service's been so unreliable in the past 2 weeks that I'm really, really close to cutting my losses and just going back to a normal carrier. I'm ok to put up with problems here and there since this is a new service, but really the unreliability has been cutting me off from my entourage. /rant
Jake
Technical Support

Re: No voicemail, people cant call me, and app unstable

Post by Jake »

I'm sorry I can't really help you with your problems, but I will thing I will add is I notice that a lot of people having problems with the Android app seem to use Galaxy devices. I'm wondering if for some reason the app doesn't play nice on these devices.

I'm not a developer, but maybe someone should do a detailed test on an S3 to see what problems there are. Maybe going through this search will show what I mean http://forum.fongo.com/search.php?st=0& ... rds=galaxy